Windows 10: How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...

Discus and support How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just bought a new laptop and accidentally set it up for personal use instead of Business use. Is there a way I can go back and change this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Graeme Walker1, Aug 17, 2022.

1. How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...

So I just bought a new laptop and accidentally set it up for personal use instead of Business use. Is there a way I can go back and change this?

:)

Graeme Walker1, Aug 17, 2022

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 17, 2022
  3. change initial set up from personal to business

how to change /revert setup from local personal account to business account

msJennAllen, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...

Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv

You can have multiple OneDrive accounts linked and synced at the same time, one personal OneDrive account (like your Hotmail account) and one or more OneDrive for Business accounts.

Right click OneDrive icon in notification area, select Settings:

How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of... [​IMG]

Under Account tab, select Add an account:

How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of... [​IMG]

Enter your Office 365 for Business email address, click Sign in:

Notice that as you can only link to one personal OneDrive, the button Personal is greyed out when personal OneDrive is already set up. Click Work or school:

Next prompt will ask your password. Enter it and click Sign in:

Select your verification method (text message, call, mobile Authenticator app):

Enter the verification code. The max amount of days before you have to verify again is depending on your organisation's Azure AD security settings. Select Don't ask again for XX days, click Sign in:

That's it. Windows creates now a folder for your OneDrive for Business in your user folder. The Taskbar notification area shows a white OneDrive icon for your personal account, and a blue icon for each Onedrive for Business account you have set up:

By default the personal OneDrive folder in your user folder is named as OneDrive (shown as OneDrive - Personal in File Explorer's navigation pane) and business OneDrive as OneDrive - OrganisationName (same name shown in navigation pane and user folder):

When you want to unlink / remove any of linked OneDrives from your PC, see this tutorial: OneDrive - Unlink in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...

1. How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of... - Similar Threads - change personal set

2. How do I set up my PC for personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up my PC for personal: How do I set up my PC for personal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-my-pc-for-personal/47c8a7fb-2f75-4855-9c9e-8083a2f93e46
  3. How do I set up my PC for personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set up my PC for personal: How do I set up my PC for personal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-my-pc-for-personal/47c8a7fb-2f75-4855-9c9e-8083a2f93e46
  4. How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...: So I just bought a new laptop and accidentally set it up for personal use instead of Business use. Is there a way I can go back and change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-from-personal-pc-set-up-to/c83d5d1e-a808-4db6-88f2-12b61aa3dcdc
  5. How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change from personal PC set up to Business? I selected the wrong one on setup of...: So I just bought a new laptop and accidentally set it up for personal use instead of Business use. Is there a way I can go back and change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-from-personal-pc-set-up-to/c83d5d1e-a808-4db6-88f2-12b61aa3dcdc
  6. change initial set up from personal to business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change initial set up from personal to business: how to change /revert setup from local personal account to business account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-initial-set-up-from-personal-to-business/47ade88f-fa2d-48f7-a11b-af113dcf4fd9
  7. change initial set up from personal to business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change initial set up from personal to business: how to change /revert setup from local personal account to business account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-initial-set-up-from-personal-to-business/47ade88f-fa2d-48f7-a11b-af113dcf4fd9
  8. How do I set up Windows Hello if there is already one setup in the account to a computer I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I set up Windows Hello if there is already one setup in the account to a computer I...: Been having a hard time figuring this out, already looked at other threads! All help is appreciated, thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-windows-hello-if-there-is-already/69bea15c-e577-48bb-b195-b3e67ce5df1f
  9. Change from Microsoft Personal to Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change from Microsoft Personal to Business: Hi there, For years I've had the microsoft personal subscription but have recently set up my own business and therefore opened a Microsoft business subscription for the customised email etc.. I'm now planning to cancel the personal one, but how do I best go about ensuring...
  10. change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use": Unfortunately, when setting up Windows 10 Pro, I erroneously went down the path of choosing "Set Up for an organization". how do I restart the setup process so that I can "Set Up for Personal Use"? Any advice will be most appreicated...