Windows 10: How do I change from windows 10S to ordinary windows 10 without having to pay?

Discus and support How do I change from windows 10S to ordinary windows 10 without having to pay? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems outrageous to have to pay to get rid of something that I don't want! I tried chatting to a Microsoft person, but even he couldn't do it using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeithSambrook, Oct 1, 2018.

1. How do I change from windows 10S to ordinary windows 10 without having to pay?

It seems outrageous to have to pay to get rid of something that I don't want! I tried chatting to a Microsoft person, but even he couldn't do it using my laptop remotely! I'm not technically minded and need VERY simple non jargon language.

:)

KeithSambrook, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How do I change from windows 10S to ordinary windows 10 without having to pay?

Delta6326, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

How do I change from windows 10S to ordinary windows 10 without having to pay?

1. How do I change from windows 10S to ordinary windows 10 without having to pay? - Similar Threads - change 10S ordinary

2. i have a ordinary camera which is not compactable with windows hello how to make it...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have a ordinary camera which is not compactable with windows hello how to make it...: i have a ordinary camera which is not compactable with windows hello how to make it compactable with no extra accessories https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-ordinary-camera-which-is-not-compactable/5f76bc1a-64a8-4ed7-a62d-ab414ea65096
  3. how do I activate windows is it something free or do I have to pay for it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I activate windows is it something free or do I have to pay for it?: how do I activate windows is it something free or do I have to pay for it , if so is there any other way to customize my PC? I would really love to change my font along with other features....
  4. change subscription from ultimate to ordinary PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change subscription from ultimate to ordinary PC: I have the Xbox ultimate pass for PC at £14.99 a month, but i would like to downgrade to the cheaper normal version as i don't use any of the extra perks that are on there. I have looked on the manage screen in the app but there seems to be no way to do this from there,...
  5. can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?: can i reinstall windows 10 without paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reinstall-windows-10-without-paying/ed12f0f4-cd31-4004-b6b8-ae89239c4408
  6. activation do i have to pay for this

activation do i have to pay for this: I need to activate my win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-do-i-have-to-pay-for-this/0e1034fb-7552-41a5-ae19-c971a6eacb4e"
  7. Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode): I have here a brand new Lenovo Ideapad D330 (intended for an old lady) that has Windows 10 S v1803 preinstalled - and 10S is on purpose! Part of the preinstallation is McAfee LiveSafe (using at least 886 MB on disk - cf. settings/programs). As Windows 10S mode has to be...
  8. Is there a way to change language in Windows 10 Home Single language without having to pay...

Is there a way to change language in Windows 10 Home Single language without having to pay...: Hello, beautiful community. I bought a Lenovo here in Mexico and it has Windows 10 Home Single language. I mostly work with apps in English because for me, it's an easier way to learn from tutorials. But my problem is that a lot of my apps get installed in Spanish because...
  9. how can i re-install 10 without having to pay?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can i re-install 10 without having to pay?: had windows 10 but had to replace hard drive.have win8.1 product key, but had free version of 10..how can i re-install 10 without having to pay?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/3738f618-4569-4937-a85f-2a6a9586870e
  10. Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled?

Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled?: I've had my laptop repaired after water damage. They've fix various things appeartley but say that the hard drive also needs to be replaced. In the quote for the repairs is a fee for installing Windows but can't I just reinstall with the windows key I have from when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to chnage window 10s to windows 10

2. just want ordinary file explorer win10

3. can i change from windows 10s to windows 10