Windows 10: How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently had a hard disk failure and had to replace it. I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and gone through all the updates to bring it current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chuck.White, May 30, 2023.

1. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

I recently had a hard disk failure and had to replace it. I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and gone through all the updates to bring it current version 22H2. In the User Account, it shows an abbreviated version of my nickname and that is what is used in the path to my files. All of my backups and settings embedded with my third party software us my full name in the path to my files. For example, my name might be "William D Jones" but the User Account shows "billyd'. How do I change the User Account to reflect my full name rather than my abbreviated nickname so that the path would show

:)

Chuck.White, May 30, 2023
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro? :(

Zakin, May 30, 2023
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 30, 2023
  4. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 10 user account immediately logs out

Hi Edward,

• Have you tried the steps provided above?
    • If you have tried the steps provided above, is issue still persisting?
    • What was the result of SFC scan? Did it find corruption or not?

Try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 30, 2023
Thema:

How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

1. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - change information User

2. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  3. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  4. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?: I recently had a hard disk failure and had to replace it. I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and gone through all the updates to bring it current version 22H2. In the User Account, it shows an abbreviated version of my nickname and that is what is used in the path to my...
  5. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?: I recently had a hard disk failure and had to replace it. I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and gone through all the updates to bring it current version 22H2. In the User Account, it shows an abbreviated version of my nickname and that is what is used in the path to my...
  6. How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?: Hi. I typically use a Mac, but have a PC for research. When I set up the PC and linked it to my Microsoft account, it was before my divorce. Every time I log in now, I see my old name and the photo I used to set up my computer. My Microsoft account is up to date, but it...
  7. How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?

How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?: Hi. I typically use a Mac, but have a PC for research. When I set up the PC and linked it to my Microsoft account, it was before my divorce. Every time I log in now, I see my old name and the photo I used to set up my computer. My Microsoft account is up to date, but it...
  8. How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do I change the name of the user account on windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the name of the user account on windows?: I want to change the name of the user account of windows that's under "C:\Users" but I cant figure out how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-the-user-account-on/27bb36b2-2234-4ecb-a6f9-18e8e43274d6
  10. How do I change mode of individual apps?

How do I change mode of individual apps?: I've found the option to toggle default app mode but can't find where to change individual apps. [ATTACH] Light mode looks terrible with my background & color scheme and dark mode on everything but the Taskbar looks bad. I don't understand why windows updates keeps making...