Windows 10: How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors)

Discus and support How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HDMI switcher hooked up to my switch and my pc. I usually have something playing on Youtube on my second monitor for background noise and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NOearedArab, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors)

I have an HDMI switcher hooked up to my switch and my pc. I usually have something playing on Youtube on my second monitor for background noise and whenever i switch the HDMI the whole window shifts to my main monitor.

Is there a way to have Windows not change anything when i switch HDMIs?

submitted by /u/NOearedArab
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NOearedArab, Jun 29, 2020

2. I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

I play video games on my gaming laptop, and I have my monitors perfectly how I like them, but I get my notifications on my gaming monitor. I want to change which monitor I get my notifications on without changing the orientation of my monitors. Usually,
    the main monitor is the closest monitor to the left, but I want to change it so the main monitor will be the closest monitor to the right. is there any way of doing this? Thanks!

Little Reckliss, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 29, 2020
  4. How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors)

Screen saver with dual monitors

As the title indicates, I use dual monitors and am trying to set up my screen saver to show a slideshow. When I do this, the pictures appear on the seam between the monitors. Is there anyway to change it so they only appear on the main monitor?

JeremyHogue, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors)

1. How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors) - Similar Threads - change monitor inputs

2. Windows 11 dual monitors, how do I change the identity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dual monitors, how do I change the identity?: Ok, I have a new computer and it has windows 11 installed. I have a new monitor and an older monitor. I have the new monitor already hooked up to the new computer. I am trying to setup my old monitor to have a dual monitor setup. However it seems, Microsoft will not allow...
  3. Windows 11 dual monitors, how do I change the identity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dual monitors, how do I change the identity?: Ok, I have a new computer and it has windows 11 installed. I have a new monitor and an older monitor. I have the new monitor already hooked up to the new computer. I am trying to setup my old monitor to have a dual monitor setup. However it seems, Microsoft will not allow...
  4. Dual monitor option keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor option keeps changing: I have a small windows laptop hooked up through an HDMI adapter to an overhead projector. Our display settings are set to Duplicate Monitors but sometimes, without warning the laptop resets the selected settings and only displays the second monitor making the laptop screen go...
  5. Dual monitor option keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor option keeps changing: I have a small windows laptop hooked up through an HDMI adapter to an overhead projector. Our display settings are set to Duplicate Monitors but sometimes, without warning the laptop resets the selected settings and only displays the second monitor making the laptop screen go...
  6. Dual monitor option keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup?: There may be a very simple answer to this, but I am wondering how I can tell the screen management screen the sizes of the monitors. I run a FHD 24" main monitor and a cheaper 27" vertically as a reading monitor. Now, I was able to set the height/position somewhat correctly...
  8. Dual Monitor Wallpaper Keeps Changing

Dual Monitor Wallpaper Keeps Changing: So I have a dual monitor display setup. An LG Ultragear 1440 landscape and my secondary monitor LG Ultragear 1080p vertical. I want to have different wallpapers on each monitor. For whatever reason my primary monitor will change the wallpaper to the same wallpaper as the...
  9. I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.: I play video games on my gaming laptop, and I have my monitors perfectly how I like them, but I get my notifications on my gaming monitor. I want to change which monitor I get my notifications on without changing the orientation of my monitors. Usually, the main monitor is...
  10. Change default setup for dual monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change default setup for dual monitor: The firm I'm working for is extensively using flexible workplaces. Most desks are nicely equipped with an additional monitor for use with my own laptop. This is very convenient when the additional monitor is setup to "Extend these displays". However, every time I connect...