Windows 10: how do i change my access password on my laptop

Discus and support how do i change my access password on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I change my password on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leonardodagostino, Nov 5, 2018.

1. how do i change my access password on my laptop

how do I change my password on my laptop

:)

leonardodagostino, Nov 5, 2018

2. Can't Change Notebook Password

Hello Damayanti,

Share this information to assist you better.

• How have you changed the Microsoft account password?
    • How many accounts do you access in your laptop?
    We suggest you to disconnect the internet connection and try to sign in with old password.

• Do you receive any error message or code while you try to sign in to the laptop?
    Type Windows Credentials in the search bar>> Select Manage Windows Credentials>>Click on Microsoft Account under Generic Credentials>>remove and re-add the password and restart the laptop connecting to internet.

Hope this helps ,let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 6, 2018
  4. boweasel Win User

how do i change my access password on my laptop

Laptop Hacked - Password Changed

Okay.... I followed all the steps in Option Four right up to Step 8,

how do i change my access password on my laptop [​IMG]
    [
    where unlike the Tutorial, I got HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4. No 'S' in the word Account.

Then, in Step 9, when I opened the 000001F4 key, I was instructed to change 11 to 10 in the first column of line 0038. On the problem laptop, the first column of line 0038 has a value of 15, not 11. I would supply a screenshot but I don't know how to do that on a computer that won't start.

So I didn't do anything. I obviously need more help.

boweasel, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

how do i change my access password on my laptop

1. how do i change my access password on my laptop - Similar Threads - change access password

2. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my password?: I can change my local account password on my windows 10 machine, but not on my windows 11 machine. Why? The very same local account password that I use to login with just fine, windows says that password is wrong when I go to change it. How can this be, when I just signed in...
  3. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password?: I can change my local account password on my windows 10 machine, but not on my windows 11 machine. Why? The very same local account password that I use to login with just fine, windows says that password is wrong when I go to change it. How can this be, when I just signed in...
  4. how do i access my saved passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i access my saved passwords?: where are my saved passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-my-saved-passwords/74f6eadd-f9dd-4592-ba3a-398554ae1d80
  5. how do i access my saved passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i access my saved passwords?: where are my saved passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-my-saved-passwords/74f6eadd-f9dd-4592-ba3a-398554ae1d80
  6. How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...: I forgot my password and i can have logged into my microsoft linked account but i’m not sure how to change the password for my laptop. Whenever I do change the password it changes my microsoft one. How do I change the dam laptop one. Please Help* Moved from Research* Original...
  7. How do I change my password ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my password ?: I forgot my password how do I find it ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/33a855d6-bc4a-4566-a8b2-b8017c03e915
  8. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my password?: I forgot my password, how do I put in a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/84ca6441-236e-48cf-a4a9-0745e60c1cdd
  9. HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????: Microsoft locked my account and forced me to change my password! There was no option of entering a password hint. I am older and don't want to change my password again!!!!! How do I change JUST my Password Hint not my password to remind me of my new password???...
  10. how do i change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change my password: how do I change my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-my-password/1db110d7-edff-4605-8ad9-038d5f9d05b8"