Windows 10: How do I change my audio adapter icon?

Discus and support How do I change my audio adapter icon? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just bought a new surround headset, but Windows 11 detected it as a speaker, so I changed its name to headset.The problem now is that the icon shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Francesco Monterumici, Jul 12, 2022.

1. How do I change my audio adapter icon?

I just bought a new surround headset, but Windows 11 detected it as a speaker, so I changed its name to headset.The problem now is that the icon shown is still the icon of a speaker, even though it isn't. How do I change it?

:)

Francesco Monterumici, Jul 12, 2022
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. My Audio Service Keeps Saying, "Stopping" But Won't Actually Stop.

Hello Esha,

The big "X" on your volume or audio icon may suggest that you need to uninstall and reinstall your audio/sound drivers. If you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers, please do so.

Here are the steps on how to reinstall your drivers:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the audio adapter, right click and select
      Properties.
    • Click on the driver tab and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. (Windows will load the generic audio driver for you.)
    • Check if you'll have the same issue with the Windows generic drivers.
    • If yes, download and install the latest audio driver.
    • Now, right click on the audio adapter and select
      Scan for hardware changes.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Edjay Rust, Jul 12, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

How do I change my audio adapter icon?

WiFi Icon turned into Ethernet icon after shutting down

Hello Michel,

May we know if you have made any changes to your device prior to the issue of the network icon changing to Ethernet?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network adapter troubleshooter and let Windows find and resolve problems within your network adapter. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting, click
      Troubleshooting from the list of results.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Network Adapter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the troubleshooting.

David Haz, Jul 12, 2022
Thema:

How do I change my audio adapter icon?

1. How do I change my audio adapter icon? - Similar Threads - change audio adapter

2. How do I change my driver on my network adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my driver on my network adapter?: Hello, I have recently been using my windows 10 computer, and all of a sudden, the wifi just shut down. To make it simpler, whenever I click on the "Network Connection" tab on the taskbar, it shows mejust the airplane mode option, which does not let me click on it. I've tried...
  3. How do I change my driver on my network adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my driver on my network adapter?: Hello, I have recently been using my windows 10 computer, and all of a sudden, the wifi just shut down. To make it simpler, whenever I click on the "Network Connection" tab on the taskbar, it shows mejust the airplane mode option, which does not let me click on it. I've tried...
  4. How do I change my driver on my network adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Re: How to change audio icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: How to change audio icon: Re: This locked thread @ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-sound-devices-symbol-in-the-output/a67f8c54-8b9f-4c14-b010-39517e65d3d3 1. All the "moderators" from that thread above know absolutely 0 about Windows 11 and should be terminated -...
  6. Re: How to change audio icon

Re: How to change audio icon: Re: This locked thread @ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-sound-devices-symbol-in-the-output/a67f8c54-8b9f-4c14-b010-39517e65d3d3 1. All the "moderators" from that thread above know absolutely 0 about Windows 11 and should be terminated -...
  7. How do I change my audio adapter icon?

How do I change my audio adapter icon?: I just bought a new surround headset, but Windows 11 detected it as a speaker, so I changed its name to headset.The problem now is that the icon shown is still the icon of a speaker, even though it isn't. How do I change it?...
  8. How do I change my Icon back to normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my Icon back to normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/koreanmobs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf4gp/how_do_i_change_my_icon_back_to_normal/
  9. How do I change the color of my taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the color of my taskbar icons?: So right now my taskbar looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/o16pilI.png Is it possible to change the colors of the icons so its easier for my eyes? The white and grey doesn't go too well, and the time is black for some reason? 156835
  10. How do I change the Font Color of my Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the Font Color of my Icons?: For some reason, each time I boot up my computer it automatically changes my Icons font color to black instead of white. I have to manually change back to white each time. So can someone tell me why it is doing this and what I need to do to fix it? Acer Aspire XC603G...