Windows 10: How do I change my Challenge Phrase for my login on my computer?

Discus and support How do I change my Challenge Phrase for my login on my computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My sister decided to try and break into my laptop, and she got the PIN wrong several times. A challenge phrase popped up, and I have no clue what it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vowing2693, Jul 16, 2019.

1. How do I change my Challenge Phrase for my login on my computer?

My sister decided to try and break into my laptop, and she got the PIN wrong several times. A challenge phrase popped up, and I have no clue what it is. Is there any way for me to remove and/or change the challenge phrase so I can use my PIN again?
    All answers help, serious answers only please. Thank you for taking your time out of your day to help me.

:)

Vowing2693, Jul 16, 2019

2. How do I change my Challenge Phrase for my login on my computer?

Hi Vowing2693,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

I can suggest you disable the login screen and re-enable it again, this way it runs:

1.- Press the Windows key + R >> Execute command.

2.- Write >> netplwiz + Enter.

3.- In the tab >> User Accounts >> Select your user >> Uncheck, users must enter a username and password to use this computer.

4.- Click on Apply.

5.- Define your password, confirm it >> Click on OK.

6.- Restart your PC and perform the steps again, but this time, to enable login with a password.

7.- Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still appear.

Additional you can consult some recommended answers for this inconvenience of the MVP Advisor Greg Carmack..

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope the information is useful

Happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jul 17, 2019
  3. CMac66 Win User
    Challenge Phrase Windows 10 PC

How do you change the challenge phrase?

My kids have worked out the answer and login to my computer this way. I can not find where this can be changed on the PC or Microsoft account.

CMac66, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How do I change my Challenge Phrase for my login on my computer?

Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I change my Challenge Phrase for my login on my computer?

1. How do I change my Challenge Phrase for my login on my computer? - Similar Threads - change Challenge Phrase

2. HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?: HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-challenge-phrase-on-windows-11/f0e3db44-b61d-4d18-9d7b-2ee7cd4b423a
  3. HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?: HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-challenge-phrase-on-windows-11/f0e3db44-b61d-4d18-9d7b-2ee7cd4b423a
  4. How I can get my challenge phrase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How I can get my challenge phrase: How I can get my challenge phrase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-get-my-challenge-phrase/9d6ca0a4-488c-482c-8bf2-4ee9f74c7587
  5. How do I reset my challenge phrase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my challenge phrase?: How do I bypass the challenge phrase ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-challenge-phrase/d7192459-b4e7-4e2e-bdd3-dd9f666f7eb2
  6. How do I reset my challenge phrase?

How do I reset my challenge phrase?: How do I bypass the challenge phrase ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-challenge-phrase/d7192459-b4e7-4e2e-bdd3-dd9f666f7eb2
  7. How to change Challenge phrase!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Challenge phrase!!: Seriously no results on Google except how to repair your computer. Come on now! I can log onto my laptop with other accounts but the one I want to use is locked with some code and that code says I need to remember a challenge phrase I don't recall ever setting up. So my first...
  8. How to change Challenge phrase!!

How to change Challenge phrase!!: Seriously no results on Google except how to repair your computer. Come on now! I can log onto my laptop with other accounts but the one I want to use is locked with some code and that code says I need to remember a challenge phrase I don't recall ever setting up. So my first...
  9. How to change Challenge phrase!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. How do I change my challenge phrase.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my challenge phrase.: My sister decided to try and break into my laptop, and she got the PIN wrong several times. A challenge phrase popped up, But you see the real problem is that my keyboard back in April stopped typing certain letters and commands. So If my challenge phrase is A1B2C3 I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. challenge phrase change

2. How to change ur laptop to password when bring challenge phrase

3. challenge phrase windows

4. challenge phrase windows 10,
  5. WHAT IS A ms CHALLENGE PHRASE WINDOWS 10,
  6. windows challenge phrase,
  7. challenge phrase,
  8. how do i change my challenge phrase,
  9. change challenge phrase,
  10. how do i change my challenge phrase on microsoft laptop,
  11. change challenge phrase windows 10,