Windows 10: How do I change my challenge phrase.

Discus and support How do I change my challenge phrase. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My sister decided to try and break into my laptop, and she got the PIN wrong several times. A challenge phrase popped up, But you see the real problem... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Madison Mello, Jul 28, 2021.

1. How do I change my challenge phrase.

My sister decided to try and break into my laptop, and she got the PIN wrong several times. A challenge phrase popped up, But you see the real problem is that my keyboard back in April stopped typing certain letters and commands. So If my challenge phrase is A1B2C3 I cannot fill it in because my computer won’t type the “b”.

:)

Madison Mello, Jul 28, 2021

2. Challenge Phrase

I keep getting the request for a challenge phrase and do not know it. How do I change the challenge phrase?

IamMultipurpose, Jul 28, 2021
  3. challenge phrase

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anthony.

I'm Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you.

I came across to your post and wanted to assist.I hope we can work together to find a solution for you.

First, "Challenge Phrase" is a new approach taken by Microsoft to thwarting brute force attacks or cyber trespassers. This attack involves a simple process of trying all common or likely PIN codes over and over until the correct code is finally discovered.
    When a PIN gets entered incorrectly four times in a row, users are sent to a different screen where they are requires to enter a specific phrase.

May I know what are you trying to do before the challenge phrase prompted?

And what do you mean by nothing happens? Did this mean you where directed to another windows?

Kindly give further details so I can suggest or give you a step by step procedure to fix this.

Thank you and Keep Safe.

AnthonyLabramonte, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How do I change my challenge phrase.

Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

How do I change my challenge phrase.

1. How do I change my challenge phrase. - Similar Threads - change challenge phrase

2. HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?: HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-challenge-phrase-on-windows-11/f0e3db44-b61d-4d18-9d7b-2ee7cd4b423a
  3. HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?: HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-challenge-phrase-on-windows-11/f0e3db44-b61d-4d18-9d7b-2ee7cd4b423a
  4. How do I reset my challenge phrase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my challenge phrase?: How do I bypass the challenge phrase ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-challenge-phrase/d7192459-b4e7-4e2e-bdd3-dd9f666f7eb2
  5. How do I reset my challenge phrase?

How do I reset my challenge phrase?: How do I bypass the challenge phrase ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-challenge-phrase/d7192459-b4e7-4e2e-bdd3-dd9f666f7eb2
  6. How do i fix the challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the challenge phrase: Hi,my brother was just joking around and entered his password too many times, every time he tries to log in the challenge phrase is there. he can enter his password and do everything else fine, i would just like to know how he can disable it....
  7. How do i fix the challenge phrase

How do i fix the challenge phrase: Hi,my brother was just joking around and entered his password too many times, every time he tries to log in the challenge phrase is there. he can enter his password and do everything else fine, i would just like to know how he can disable it....
  8. How to change Challenge phrase!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Challenge phrase!!: Seriously no results on Google except how to repair your computer. Come on now! I can log onto my laptop with other accounts but the one I want to use is locked with some code and that code says I need to remember a challenge phrase I don't recall ever setting up. So my first...
  9. How to change Challenge phrase!!

How to change Challenge phrase!!: Seriously no results on Google except how to repair your computer. Come on now! I can log onto my laptop with other accounts but the one I want to use is locked with some code and that code says I need to remember a challenge phrase I don't recall ever setting up. So my first...
  10. How to change Challenge phrase!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security