Windows 10: How do I change my child's passcode under the family account?

Discus and support How do I change my child's passcode under the family account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child and I have forgotten the passcode for the child account. Every time I try to change the passcode, the request tries to change MY passcode.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeoLawver, Jul 29, 2020.

1. LeoLawver Win User

How do I change my child's passcode under the family account?

My child and I have forgotten the passcode for the child account. Every time I try to change the passcode, the request tries to change MY passcode. That is NOT what I want. Kiddo and I have both forgotten the account passcode and cannot find where to change it. We are using a new device and trying to set it up with the relevant games etc. but can't do that without accessing kiddo's account. It's a big circle of nothingness. Please help.

:)

LeoLawver, Jul 29, 2020

2. How do I remove my son from his friend's Microsoft Family?

Hi Brett,

Follow the steps below on how you can remove the child account from the Family:

• Using the child account, sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/family.
    • Click on Remove yourself under the child account.
    • Click Remove to confirm.
    • You will get an email confirmation that you have been removed from the family.
    Click on this link for steps on how to add the child account to your family.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 29, 2020
  3. How do I change my minor's account from Adult to Child?

Hi Chuck,

By using the Family features in your Windows 10 computer, you will be able to put restrictions on your child's account for the apps, games, websites that they are allowed to access, and more. To help you change your child's
    account from adult to child, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After removing the account to adult, you may follow the steps in this article on how to
    set up your family. Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps from
    the Add someone to your family section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to change your child’s family account.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 29, 2020
  4. How do I change my child's passcode under the family account?

How to change an "other users" account to a family child account

I have the exact same problem. I have read this entire thread and still find no solution to the problem. My computer has updated to windows 10 as well. My child's account is now under the
    other users accounts and I want to transfer him to a
    family child account without having to create a new account and be able to place child restriction settings. However, the solution you provided doesn't help. This is what your instruction entails...

If your child already has a user account on your PC, you can still add them to your family.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap
      Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

• Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click Other accounts.

• Select the account you want, and then tap or click Edit.

If your child doesn't have a standard user account, see the previous To create a new child's account steps.

• In the Account type list, select Child and then tap or click
      OK. ---->>> This part doesn't exist. It only gives you the option to change account type from
      local account to administrator. What I want to do is move the existing account to family CHILD account! PLEASE PROVIDE NEW SOLUTION ASAP!!!! THANK YOU!

GianinaClark, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I change my child's passcode under the family account?

1. How do I change my child's passcode under the family account? - Similar Threads - change child's passcode

2. How do I regain access to a child's account that's on my Family account if the associated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I regain access to a child's account that's on my Family account if the associated...: I have my four children on my Family account. On one of those, the associated phone number no longer exists. Even though I have the proper login and password information, I'm being denied access because this is on a new machine and it wants to verify via phone number. I have...
  3. How do I regain access to a child's account that's on my Family account if the associated...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I regain access to a child's account that's on my Family account if the associated...: I have my four children on my Family account. On one of those, the associated phone number no longer exists. Even though I have the proper login and password information, I'm being denied access because this is on a new machine and it wants to verify via phone number. I have...
  4. how to change dob of child account in family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change dob of child account in family group: i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dob-of-child-account-in-family-group/094006b7-d339-480c-8732-a99f2e4c6b03
  5. how to change dob of child account in family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change dob of child account in family group: i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dob-of-child-account-in-family-group/094006b7-d339-480c-8732-a99f2e4c6b03
  6. how to change dob of child account in family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Change currency for child in family account

Change currency for child in family account: I am unable to add money to my child account in family group.My settings everithing in UK and in british £Same for first childBut the second child account wants me to add money in dollars even when address, region, language are all set UK.and when I click to add 10$ because...
  8. How do I either reset a childs password in MS Family, or add a passcode to the account?

How do I either reset a childs password in MS Family, or add a passcode to the account?: I set up a child's MS account quite some time ago, and I have forgotten the password. When I try to log into my child's account, and hit "forgot password", it states that I can't reset it, and have to go to the MS account. I would thing as a parent, it shouldn't bee too hard...
  9. family account passcode

family account passcode: Hi, I set up family account for my kids . I did have one issue where I set the content to 12 or what ever. The issue I had was with xbox one games, the child needs a passcode to play the games, I still want want to block content but the games she is playing I allow. I dont...
  10. how do I change my passcode for wifi?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I change my passcode for wifi?: how do I change my passcode for my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-my-passcode-for-wifi/48539742-2f28-4963-863f-4831443f6648"