Windows 10: How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account...

Discus and support How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; He's signing in to Windows on a laptop with his Microsoft email account password and I need to change it without changing his email password. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pinkraspberry, May 29, 2020.

1. How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account...

He's signing in to Windows on a laptop with his Microsoft email account password and I need to change it without changing his email password. How do I do this? I tried setting up a local account user sign in for him, but it said this user is already set upwith his microsoft account and it didn't let me. Please help, thank you.

:)

Pinkraspberry, May 29, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Forgot Child's Password

Hi Jason,

It's possible that you'll be able to change the password through your own administrator account. Just to confirm, is your daughter's account a Microsoft account, or a local user account?

If it's a local account, remove or change the password from the Control Panel. Sign in using your administrator account, then follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Manage another account.
    • If the User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
    • Choose the local account that you want.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Leave the password fields empty if you want to remove the password. Otherwise, enter the new password that you want to use, as wells as a hint and click
      Change password.

If it's a Microsoft family account, follow these steps to remove your child's account:

here
    • On the right side of your child's account, click Remove.
    • Click Remove again.

After removing the account, you can set up your child's account again. Make sure that you have the correct password when you sign in.

Let us know if you're able to change or remove the password of your child's account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 29, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 29, 2020
  4. How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account...

Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family

Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a
    way to change the password via the Family administrator's account? I cannot find anywhere to do that and have searched all over. It would make sense for the parent to be able to do this under each child's profile... but no, that option is not there. I need
    to know exact steps on how to do this so that my child can use her own Microsoft account to do things such as logging on to to Minecraft on her Kindle. Thank you.

***Original title: Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password***

TheodoreDavis2, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account...

1. How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account... - Similar Threads - change child's sign

2. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...: I forgot my password and i can have logged into my microsoft linked account but i’m not sure how to change the password for my laptop. Whenever I do change the password it changes my microsoft one. How do I change the dam laptop one. Please Help* Moved from Research* Original...
  6. How do I change my Microsoft Account from Child to Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my Microsoft Account from Child to Adult: Hi All,I have searched everywhere to change my microsoft account from my child as being the administrator to the adult. The information on the Microsoft page doesn't work and I am getting nowhere with this. Can anyone please explain how I get this changed.Thank you...
  7. HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????: Microsoft locked my account and forced me to change my password! There was no option of entering a password hint. I am older and don't want to change my password again!!!!! How do I change JUST my Password Hint not my password to remind me of my new password???...
  8. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  9. Unable to change password of my child account

Unable to change password of my child account: Hi I had created my child's account in 2017 but I have never used it OR my kid has never used it either. The phone number linked to that account is no longer valid and when I try to provide information to reset password I always get "We recently received a request to...
  10. Changing password on child's account

Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...