Windows 10: how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...

Discus and support how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by newnewZZ, Sep 6, 2018.

1. newnewZZ Win User

how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...

:)

newnewZZ, Sep 6, 2018

2. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 6, 2018
  4. how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...

How to change computer default location

Hi Prince,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

I suggest you to check if the location is ON on the computer.

Follow these steps to make sure the location service is turned on.

Step 1

Make sure that Allow apps to use my location is turned on.

a. In Search. Type Location.

b. Under Location, check if the Location is Turned
    ON

Step 2

Change the regional settings and check if the issue persists.

a. Click on Search and type
    location and select Change location.

b. Change the ‘Home location’.

For your reference:

Location settings (Windows)

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10... - Similar Threads - change computer Location

2. I need to change my location on my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to change my location on my computer.: I have a desk top computer,I need to change my location on my computer. I have tried several steps to change my location,but so far I have not been able to do this. I go to Setting,but I can not find "Privacy",etc. Thanks, Alb W....
  3. Change my location on my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change my location on my computer.: I have tried the these steps: Start,Setting,Privacy,Location,Default location select set defaultthese last two steps,I could not find I never was able to see a map,to follow instructions to change my default location. These steps did not work for me. Can someone...
  4. How do I change default Install location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change default Install location?: I almost followed a tutorial which uses regedit and thanksfully I read the comments before restarting the PC (the comments were telling that the tutorial broke their computer) I switched the location to D drive for a brief moment and immediately switched back as soon as I saw...
  5. How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?: When I open File Explorer, under This PC I have the following: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos. I'm trying to change the locations Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos from my bootup drive to a data drive. I've managed this for...
  6. How do I change location of notifications popup in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change location of notifications popup in Windows 10?: Can I / how do I change location of notification popups defaults to lower right corner in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-location-of-notifications-popup-in/3a7947d0-7035-4e8d-b37a-2e40ea31372f
  7. How do I Change location on Lock screen

How do I Change location on Lock screen: On the lock screen the location shows Washington DC. I am in the same time zone, but I live in Atlanta GA. How do I change location to Atlanta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-location-on-lock-screen/ae5aedca-9cee-4295-b475-259ac58c3f4c
  8. Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it?

Home location?? (not Region) is incorrect on my computer Windows 10 how do you change it?: When I have my computer locate me it tells me that I am in California I am in Ga. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-location-not-region-is-incorrect-on-my/0592d36a-c95c-48ef-9c96-8f75c4e6991d
  9. How do I locate the .exe for Win 10 apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I locate the .exe for Win 10 apps?: I have an application that allows editing with another app. The old way to find the executable is to right-click on the icon that opens the app, then properties. How do you find the exe in win 10?? 26278
  10. how do i change the location of 'documents'?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i change the location of 'documents'?: Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC' has been changed to the onedrive equivalent. I've tried turning off onedrive by changing my group policy, but it turned out...