Windows 10: How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password

Discus and support How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I change the password I use to sign in to my computer ? Note that I am not referring to my MS account password - I have already changed than.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rockydean, Feb 12, 2019.

1. rockydean Win User

How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password

How do I change the password I use to sign in to my computer ? Note that I am not referring to my MS account password - I have already changed than.

I went to the Control Panel and selected User Accounts. From there I don't see anyway to change to computer sign in password.

:)

rockydean, Feb 12, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 12, 2019
  3. OKCarl Win User
    How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me my email password is the same as my log on / sign in password) Suggestions? Advice?

OKCarl, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

change computer sign in password windows 10

Hi Elizabeth,

The sign in password is the same password that you use with the local user or Microsoft account to log in to your computer. To change your password, you can follow the steps in this

link
    and go to the section, "How do I change my password?". The steps is for Windows 8.1 and it will also work in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password - Similar Threads - Change Computer Sign

2. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password: how do I change my computer password in win 10? Not my microsoft password. I just want to change the one to access my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password-not-my/d4e29d8f-8c7d-43fd-86b1-b9140ec6a12a
  3. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password: how do I change my computer password in win 10? Not my microsoft password. I just want to change the one to access my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password-not-my/d4e29d8f-8c7d-43fd-86b1-b9140ec6a12a
  4. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change the computer password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the computer password?: I use a computer to run an astrophotography mount via remote desktop connection. As you can see, the password on my computer has expired. I have tried everything that has come up on the web, e.g., ctrl/alt/end to bring up a change password screen but that does not do...
  6. How do I change the computer password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the computer password?: I use a computer to run an astrophotography mount via remote desktop connection. As you can see, the password on my computer has expired. I have tried everything that has come up on the web, e.g., ctrl/alt/end to bring up a change password screen but that does not do...
  7. How do I change my computer password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my computer password: How do I change my computer password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password/d1a2cdc2-8d95-46e9-9176-7ce661ee5508
  8. How do I change the password for my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the password for my computer?: I would like to do away with the need to sign in to my computer each time I boot up. Can I make that happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-do-i-change-the-password-for-my-computer/70c3967b-31e6-4e59-840a-d2f7975b8135
  9. How do I change the password on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my computer?: i recently changed my password on one of my email accounts, but can't figure out how to change it on this computer, with Windows 10... seems like it would be easy, but i find no place to do it. * Moved from Insider * Original title: how do i change my password on an email...
  10. How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?: I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change computer sign in password

2. how to change computer sign password

3. what is sign in password

4. change sign on to comuter,
  5. change sign in password on computer,
  6. how to change sign-on password,
  7. computer sign in password,
  8. computer sign on password change,
  9. sign in password to computer,
  10. PASSWORD TO MY PRO ACCOUNT IN MY6 COMPUTER,
  11. change sign in password on my computer,