Windows 10: How do I change my computer's device name?

Discus and support How do I change my computer's device name? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using my dad's old surface 5 and the device name is in all caps and it's annoying because my headphones have voice prompts so whenever they connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Noam_244, Mar 18, 2020.

1. How do I change my computer's device name?

I'm using my dad's old surface 5 and the device name is in all caps and it's annoying because my headphones have voice prompts so whenever they connect they read out the individual letters one by one

submitted by /u/Noam_244
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Noam_244, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Baleful Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

Yeah, you can't delete old/retired machines from the "my grid" page. The only option you have really is to wait a few days then change how it sorts the list:

How do I change my computer's device name? ActiveMachines.png

Oh, and Mike is correct, by changing the windows "computer name" it'll change on the "my grid" page.

Baleful, Mar 18, 2020
  3. mike047 Win User

You can't delete "retired" machines....there is some kind of "paper" trail they keep and the "old" devices are kept in archive.

I think???you can change machine names by doing so in windows "computer name" and then it might change[can't remember for sure] if it doesn't do so...detach and do a remove/re install and it should change.

mike047, Mar 18, 2020
  4. RAMMIE Win User

How do I change my computer's device name?

Changing the name in windows is all you need to do.
    Changing the machines password that you used to install BOINC requires a reinstall of BOINC.

RAMMIE, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I change my computer's device name?

1. How do I change my computer's device name? - Similar Threads - change computer's device

2. how do i change my name on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change my name on my computer: I originally setup the computer in my daughter's name but she purchased a different computer so I need to delete her name off my computer and reset it to my name....
  3. how do i change my name on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my name on my computer: I originally setup the computer in my daughter's name but she purchased a different computer so I need to delete her name off my computer and reset it to my name....
  4. how do i change my name on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  6. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  7. How do I change the name on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change the name of my device?: I'm re-installing Windows 10 on my PC. The device name that was automatically assigned is quite obscure. I'm afraid I won't be able to recognize it in a list of family devices. Is there a way to change the name? Thanks, DebFisher1...
  9. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the name of my device?: How do I change the name of my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-device/20fea6b1-6a83-47f9-b353-c4e0984b1e0b
  10. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the name of my device?: How do I change the name of my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-device/e6923ea4-bf5f-4616-83bc-46816f84b820