Windows 10: How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

Discus and support How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Split from this thread.How do I actually contact a person at microsoft about my accountHow do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DavidKlimis, May 1, 2022.

1. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

Split from this thread.How do I actually contact a person at microsoft about my accountHow do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

:)

DavidKlimis, May 1, 2022

2. How do I change the Windows log-in password to unlock the computer, NOT my Windows account password?

Hi Ralph,

There are several steps that you can follow to reset your Windows password. Here's how:

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Note: If you are logged on as an administrator, you can create and change passwords for all user accounts on the computer.

Warning: If you use an administrator account to change password for another account, any encrypted files or e-mail messages for that other account will no longer be accessible to the person who was using that account.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 1, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 1, 2022
Thema:

How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

1. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account - Similar Threads - change computers password

2. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password: how do I change my computer password in win 10? Not my microsoft password. I just want to change the one to access my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password-not-my/d4e29d8f-8c7d-43fd-86b1-b9140ec6a12a
  3. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password: how do I change my computer password in win 10? Not my microsoft password. I just want to change the one to access my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password-not-my/d4e29d8f-8c7d-43fd-86b1-b9140ec6a12a
  4. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account: Split from this thread.How do I actually contact a person at microsoft about my accountHow do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account...
  6. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account: Split from this thread.How do I actually contact a person at microsoft about my accountHow do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account...
  7. How do I change my computer password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my computer password: How do I change my computer password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password/d1a2cdc2-8d95-46e9-9176-7ce661ee5508
  8. How do I change the password for my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the password for my computer?: I would like to do away with the need to sign in to my computer each time I boot up. Can I make that happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-do-i-change-the-password-for-my-computer/70c3967b-31e6-4e59-840a-d2f7975b8135
  9. How do I change the password on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my computer?: i recently changed my password on one of my email accounts, but can't figure out how to change it on this computer, with Windows 10... seems like it would be easy, but i find no place to do it. * Moved from Insider * Original title: how do i change my password on an email...
  10. How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?: I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me...