Windows 10: How do I change my default browser

Discus and support How do I change my default browser in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can i find out my default browser and change it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristineMarlow, May 11, 2020.

1. How do I change my default browser

How can i find out my default browser and change it?

:)

ChristineMarlow, May 11, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, May 11, 2020
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 11, 2020
  4. How do I change my default browser

Default app changes (browser)

Hi Kumar,

I realize that you get notification message when you open Chrome. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• In which user account are you facing this issue?

Follow these steps to confirm that Chrome is set as the default browser:

• Press “Windows key + I” to get the “Settings” screen.

• Click on “System” and click on “Default apps”.

• Under “Web Browser” select Chrome.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I change my default browser

1. How do I change my default browser - Similar Threads - change default browser

2. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox: Split from this thread.How do I change default brower from Edge to Fire fox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-browser-from-edge-to/bb038e6b-b98f-4544-9bab-29f72433712d
  3. how to change the default browser on the

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change the default browser on the: browser ? hello i would LIKE to know where to change the default browser on GOOGLE CHROME PROGRAM thank you for your kind help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-default-browser-on-the/6fa78613-0f52-466b-97c5-9d620ff84f80
  4. How do I change the default file browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default file browser?: Title. Trying out an alternate one and it's a pain to have File Explorer always opening by default. submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5emml/how_do_i_change_the_default_file_browser/
  5. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...
  6. How do I change my Browser

How do I change my Browser: Split from this thread. how do I change my browser to FireFox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-browser/6cc86029-d4d5-45c7-a0da-048b47ae0900
  7. HOw can I change my default browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOw can I change my default browser: Microsoft Edge is not compatible with Norton and I have tried to change my default browser. However, the only app listed is the Microsoft Edge. How can I change the browser or is there a better Security that is compatible with Edge?...
  8. How to change default browser to shortcut

How to change default browser to shortcut: Hello, How do I change my default browser to a shortcut? Windows 10 does not let me browse through. I have an airmouse, and every time I press the Home button, if I'm focused on a page (in Firefox) it goes to the default landing page. I can create a shortcut with a command...
  9. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...
  10. How to Change the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to Change the default browser: Hi everyone. I want to share this video tutorial that i make, It teaches you how to change the default browser in Windows 10 *Smile [MEDIA] oULwD72rlWE Bye! 34695