Windows 10: How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop

Discus and support How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop changed completely with no icons on it at all, screen is black. How do I change it back to the default?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuzanneWillis1, Mar 5, 2020.

1. How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop

My desktop changed completely with no icons on it at all, screen is black. How do I change it back to the default?

:)

SuzanneWillis1, Mar 5, 2020

2. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Mar 5, 2020
  4. How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop

1. How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop - Similar Threads - change desktop default

2. How do i change my downloads folder back to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my downloads folder back to default?: I accidentally set my downloads folder to D:/ and i cant seem to change it, i tried restoring it back to default, didn't work, i tried moving it back to my userprofile, it didnt work either. and the download folder name was changed to D:/...
  3. How do i change my downloads folder back to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change my downloads folder back to default?: I accidentally set my downloads folder to D:/ and i cant seem to change it, i tried restoring it back to default, didn't work, i tried moving it back to my userprofile, it didnt work either. and the download folder name was changed to D:/...
  4. How do i change my downloads folder back to default?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do i change my default microphone back to normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my default microphone back to normal?: I need some help with my microphone! How shall i change my default customized microphone back to normal?I use my built-in laptop microphone and i tried to turn down the boost or the input and nothing works! Its sounds like its some static stuff or whatever please help me....
  6. How do i change my default microphone back to normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change my default microphone back to normal?: I need some help with my microphone! How shall i change my default customized microphone back to normal?I use my built-in laptop microphone and i tried to turn down the boost or the input and nothing works! Its sounds like its some static stuff or whatever please help me....
  7. How do i change my default microphone back to normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I change icons back to the default ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change icons back to the default ones?: Hi Reddit! I recently changed my icon’s icon (as in the “photo” that represents say, chrome) and would like to change them back to the default ones. I deleted the icons since I didn’t quite like how they looked and now I’m stuck with the blank page. Any help would be...
  9. the desktop of my hp laptop with windows 10 has changed how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Customization
    the desktop of my hp laptop with windows 10 has changed how do I change it back: the desktop of my hp laptop with windows 10 has changed how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-desktop-of-my-hp-laptop-with-windows-10-has/520da4c2-4610-4c0c-bae4-e91da00162fc
  10. My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back?: Recently, I opened my laptop and it loaded me into an account called 'mk' automatically. My account I usually use is named after me, 'Jessica', and wasn't there as a sign-in option. I tried logging out, restarting, and shutting down my laptop but my only result is to be...