Windows 10: How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home?

Discus and support How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot find a way to do this if any of you know how please let me know *Biggrin 12430 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrOblivion, Aug 3, 2015.

1. How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home?

I cannot find a way to do this if any of you know how please let me know *Biggrin

:)

MrOblivion, Aug 3, 2015

2. Network - Public or Private

I want to change an ethernet network from public to private. In version 1703 this could be done by Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet, then click on "connected" to get a page with the Metered Connection on/off switch and on that screen you could change
    a network from Public to Private or visa-versa. In version 1709 that option is not on that screen and I can't find it anywhere else.

Does anyone know how to change an ethernet from public to private or v-v in Win 10 version 1709?

SaulSilver, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Post 10 upgrade on 7-64bit machine Private vs Public network issue

My PC connected immediately as a "Private" Ethernet connection but my wife's PC is set to "Public" and has no connectivity - and I have no idea how to change it to "Private"?! Both are over Ethernet - NOT a wireless issue. (I actually have her connected
    currently wirelessly on a "Private" connection - but as soon as we plug in the Ethernet cable it goes to "Public"!) Please advise.

Thank you!

AnthonySottoriva, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home?

Dude, Aug 3, 2015
  5. It says it only shows you how to change to Public, Private or Domain. Wait is the home network location not a thing in win 10?

EDIT: Hmm could it be that they just renamed home to private?*sarc

MrOblivion, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Yes, from the tutorial

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home?

1. How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home? - Similar Threads - change ethernet Private

2. How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?: How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-a-change-an-ethernet-connection-ffrom/40af81b9-48a1-40bd-a16e-712ad9897f4a
  3. How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?: How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-a-change-an-ethernet-connection-ffrom/40af81b9-48a1-40bd-a16e-712ad9897f4a
  4. How do I change the names of devices on my LAN?Private Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the names of devices on my LAN?Private Network: On my local/home/private network I have 2 PC's and a Network back-up drive affixed to the Router by ethernet cables and a printer and mobile phone via wifi.My issue is with regard to the ethernet-cabled devices. I have several questions within the following script, all of...
  5. I cannot change my Windows 10 Ethernet Network to Private

I cannot change my Windows 10 Ethernet Network to Private: I cannot change my Windows 10 Ethernet Network to Private [Home version 2004]. I click on Unidentified Network No Internet to open the Settings Network and Internet. I click on Unidentified Network No Internet to open the properties for Unidentified Network. It gives me...
  6. How to change Ethernet network profile from public to private in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Ethernet network profile from public to private in Windows: So Everything Ive Googled says go to settings --> network and internet --> Ethernet, then click on the Ethernet network name and change the toggle there. However, When i click on the Ethernet network name , all i get is Metered connection setting. Theres nothing about being...
  7. For 1809 and 1903 - How do I change a Public Network to Private?

For 1809 and 1903 - How do I change a Public Network to Private?: Hello, When I do a Bing search on "windows 10" change network from public to private , I get so many misleading results (because Microsoft changed the method for changing an incorrectly identified public network to the correct value of private) it isn't funny, at all. How...
  8. how do i change my home screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change my home screen?: how to change my home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-home-screen/45176187-ccdf-4281-afec-da96c0fa109a
  9. How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet?

How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet?: I'm living in Uni Dorms where we are supposed to access WiFi & Ethernet using our uni portal credentials, I updated my password recently and had to update it on my laptop. I logged in successfully with my new password with WiFi, but for some reason I cant find a way to change...
  10. ethernet private network

ethernet private network: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-private-network/2a07eab8-c986-44af-8ddc-4f3739420e53