Windows 10: How do I change my Icon back to normal?

Discus and support How do I change my Icon back to normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/koreanmobs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf4gp/how_do_i_change_my_icon_back_to_normal/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/koreanmobs, Nov 16, 2020.

1. How do I change my Icon back to normal?

/u/koreanmobs, Nov 16, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 16, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

How do I change my Icon back to normal?

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I change my Icon back to normal?

1. How do I change my Icon back to normal? - Similar Threads - change Icon normal

2. How do i change my default microphone back to normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change my default microphone back to normal?: I need some help with my microphone! How shall i change my default customized microphone back to normal?I use my built-in laptop microphone and i tried to turn down the boost or the input and nothing works! Its sounds like its some static stuff or whatever please help me....
  3. How do i change my default microphone back to normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change my default microphone back to normal?: I need some help with my microphone! How shall i change my default customized microphone back to normal?I use my built-in laptop microphone and i tried to turn down the boost or the input and nothing works! Its sounds like its some static stuff or whatever please help me....
  4. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.: I turned on my computer Windows 10 and for some reason the resolution is squished with two black lines and the edge. When I tried changing the resolution in the display settings, the only two options were my current display and a blurry longer one, but none are my original...
  5. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.: I turned on my computer Windows 10 and for some reason the resolution is squished with two black lines and the edge. When I tried changing the resolution in the display settings, the only two options were my current display and a blurry longer one, but none are my original...
  6. How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?: Since NY my keyboard layout has changed. I ONLY have the English UK language installed, but SHIFT + 2 doesn't give me " it gives me @, the # is now a backslash. additional - installing Logitech Setpoint and updating the keyboard drivers didn't work either. Running Windows 10...
  7. How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?

How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?: Since NY my keyboard layout has changed. I ONLY have the English UK language installed, but SHIFT + 2 doesn't give me " it gives me @, the # is now a backslash. additional - installing Logitech Setpoint and updating the keyboard drivers didn't work either. Running Windows 10...
  8. How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How do I change my screen back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my screen back to normal.: I was playing fallout 3 from epic games and after a while the game froze. To solve it I tapped ctrl+esc and tapped the red X on the app from the taskbar. But after this everything was enlarged from everything on the browser to the notifications. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!...
  10. How do I change my screen back to normal.

How do I change my screen back to normal.: I was playing fallout 3 from epic games and after a while the game froze. To solve it I tapped ctrl+esc and tapped the red X on the app from the taskbar. But after this everything was enlarged from everything on the browser to the notifications. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!...