Windows 10: How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option...

Discus and support How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to use Google as my internet browser because Microsoft Edge just does not work well for me. When I go to settings and locate the place to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacquelineHodges1, Mar 21, 2019.

1. How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option...

I need to use Google as my internet browser because Microsoft Edge just does not work well for me. When I go to settings and locate the place to change my internet browser, Google is not one of the options. If I go to Google page and try to change my internet browser option there, I can't do it there also. So how do I get Google as my internet browser? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JacquelineHodges1, Mar 21, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. I can't make internet Internet Explorer as a default browser in Windows 10 (only option is Microsoft Edge)

Hi Martin,

Microsoft Edge was established as the default web browser in
    Windows 10
    when you upgrade. Based on the information that you've provided, you've already changed the default browser from Edge to
    Internet Explorer, but it's no longer working appropriately right now. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying to set Internet Explorer again as the default browser. Also, were there any
    changes recently prior to experiencing the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you make Internet Explorer your default browser by following the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then choose
      Internet options.
    • Select the Programs tab, and then choose Make default.
    • Select OK, and then close Internet Explorer.

Feel free to post back for an update and let us know if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Mar 21, 2019
  4. jhona107 Win User

How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option...

Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser, but in Default apps-Web browser-choose default, I can click on google chrome till the cows come home and no sale. Very frustrated, have never like Edge. What is my next move? Even Apps by protocol has google chrome listed but it still won't respond.

jhona107, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option...

1. How do I change my Internet Browser to Google when Windows 10 does not offer me that option... - Similar Threads - change Internet Browser

2. Internet not working except google in all browsers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working except google in all browsers on Windows 10: Internet is not working on Windows 10 laptop except for google. I am using home wifi, that is working fine on other devices working without issues on another Windows 10 laptop and phones. At times after disable/enable of network connection, Internet will work sometime for a...
  3. Internet not working except google in all browsers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet not working except google in all browsers on Windows 10: Internet is not working on Windows 10 laptop except for google. I am using home wifi, that is working fine on other devices working without issues on another Windows 10 laptop and phones. At times after disable/enable of network connection, Internet will work sometime for a...
  4. How do I change it back to google?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change it back to google?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rainy-Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6hi91/how_do_i_change_it_back_to_google/
  5. Changing the default browser does not affect the browser used when doing a "search for...

in Cortana
    Changing the default browser does not affect the browser used when doing a "search for...: I have set my default browser to Chrome but that does not change the browser used by the taskbar's search for anything. Can I get that to accept my choice of browser?...
  6. Why does the search facility offer me options that aren't available?

in Cortana
    Why does the search facility offer me options that aren't available?: For example, if I search for "VPN", the search results offer me "VPN Settings", but when I click on this, it just takes me to Windows Settings, and because the machine is provided by work, I don't have access to VPN settings. It's happened to me a lot already, and I'm only...
  7. how to change internet options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change internet options: how do I change internet options..have msn want xfinity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-internet-options/6b19448f-2341-4e95-bcde-9a12ef7d68f7
  8. How do I change my default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my default browser: How can i find out my default browser and change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-default-browser/5f75c329-cfc4-4e6a-b767-dc0f46c6d1df
  9. How do I change my Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my Browser: Split from this thread. how do I change my browser to FireFox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-browser/6cc86029-d4d5-45c7-a0da-048b47ae0900
  10. Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome: I am trying to set google chrome as my default browser but it wont show it as an option [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-not-letting-me-change-default-browser-to/f73597d8-eca6-4b79-b37d-7ffd47a7518b