Windows 10: How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had 2 license linked into my account, one is Education and other one is Pro, both of them installed into different laptop. Recently the laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kautsar Tisamawi, Jan 4, 2020.

1. How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account?

I had 2 license linked into my account, one is Education and other one is Pro, both of them installed into different laptop. Recently the laptop with Pro licensed broke down, so I use laptop with Education license but there has some limitation. I was wondering is the any way to change the license in my laptop from Education to Pro without reinstall windows?

NB:
    - Install Windows 10 Pro with Product Key, I don't remember where i put that
    - I couldn't find any article regarding my need

:)

Kautsar Tisamawi, Jan 4, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Hello Steve, and welcome to Ten Forums. How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account? :)

What build of Windows 10 do you currently have installed?

*Arrow https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

Starting in build 14371, if you see this part highlighted in yellow below in Settings -> Update & security -> Activation from step 7 in the tutorial posted above, then the PC's digital license is linked to your MSA.

How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account? [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 4, 2020
  4. guniu Win User

How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account?

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account?

1. How do I change my license if I had two license linked to my microsoft account? - Similar Threads - change license license

2. How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?: I have different Microsoft accounts and through the years I used some then sign out then used others. How can I found out which Microsoft account is linked to my windows 10 digital license?...
  3. How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?: I have different Microsoft accounts and through the years I used some then sign out then used others. How can I found out which Microsoft account is linked to my windows 10 digital license?...
  4. How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume license linked with my microsoft account

Volume license linked with my microsoft account: Hi Team,I purchased windows 10 license from some website.They sell this key in half price, after that I login in my microsoft account then this key bind with my microsoft account.After that I get to know this is volume key.So I have below questions.If this volume key is...
  6. Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?

Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?: Hi, I just got a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. Activating it I accidentally created a new microsoft account instead of using my existing one. So, now my digital license is linked to this new account. Is it possible to unlink the license and then link to the...
  7. how do i make sure that my windows 10 license is linked to my Microsoft account ?

how do i make sure that my windows 10 license is linked to my Microsoft account ?: how do i make sure that my windows 10 license is linked to my Microsoft account so that when i reinstall windows on my same pc i wont need any product key and my windows automatically gets activated when i log in to my Microsoft account...
  8. How do I link this digital licensed windows to My Microsoft Account?

How do I link this digital licensed windows to My Microsoft Account?: [ATTACH]I can't Find any option to link the digital license to Microsoft account? How can I add this? Please tell me with the procedure. Thank you....
  9. How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license

How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license: Hi I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a year back roughly. I am about to change my Internal hard disk. I am not sure which microsoft account in linked to my license. I can open my 2 accounts in browser but I cannot find which account is linked they do not mention it...
  10. Windows License linked to my Microsoft account

Windows License linked to my Microsoft account: Hello. Im in the process of rebuilding a new PC. Only 1 thing was gonna be brought forward and it was my 1 TB seagate drive and well .. my dog chewed and slobbered on it for 8 hours while i was at work and its literally unusable i lost everything. Im a novice in this world...