Windows 10: how do i change my main hard drive?

Discus and support how do i change my main hard drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; the hard drive i've been using for now is full and i cant really delete any files from it either. i've watched many youtube vids on how to change it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Axesmed, Oct 31, 2020.

1. how do i change my main hard drive?

the hard drive i've been using for now is full and i cant really delete any files from it either. i've watched many youtube vids on how to change it, but my settings window looks different from theirs...

help please x

submitted by /u/Axesmed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Axesmed, Oct 31, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 31, 2020
  3. little cat, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

how do i change my main hard drive?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

how do i change my main hard drive?

1. how do i change my main hard drive? - Similar Threads - change main hard

2. How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?: I just went out and bought myself an HDD to help with the lag even when I have an Alienware R11. My PC came with 8GB of memory, so I also bought 2 16GB memory extenders. I am very paranoid with having viruses since getting the new installs, so I wiped the pc clean. I want to...
  3. How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?: I just went out and bought myself an HDD to help with the lag even when I have an Alienware R11. My PC came with 8GB of memory, so I also bought 2 16GB memory extenders. I am very paranoid with having viruses since getting the new installs, so I wiped the pc clean. I want to...
  4. How do I switch back my C drive to my main drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch back my C drive to my main drive?: Hi I've been having trouble with my computer's C and D drive. So on my C drive I have 446 gbs and my D drive I have 931 gbs. A while ago my storage was getting full with games and photos so I looked up on youtube to try to find a way where I could change my D drive to my main...
  5. How do I switch back my C drive to my main drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch back my C drive to my main drive?: Hi I've been having trouble with my computer's C and D drive. So on my C drive I have 446 gbs and my D drive I have 931 gbs. A while ago my storage was getting full with games and photos so I looked up on youtube to try to find a way where I could change my D drive to my main...
  6. How do I switch back my C drive to my main drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I format my hard drive?

How do I format my hard drive?: So I bought my desktop computer with an internal 1 tb hard drive and I recently got a ssd to make it faster but it has less storage so I wanted to use my hard drive as storage but when I boot from my ssd the hard drive doesnt show up so I was wondering how I would format...
  8. Windows changed main hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows changed main hard drive: Hello. A few months ago I bought a new Samsung SSD and it's been working fine up until this point. Today, when I launched my PC, it instead booted into my old SSD, which means I had a major "rollback", you could say. It appears that the problem is that my Samsung hard drive...
  9. how do I reformat my hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I reformat my hard drive: how do I reformat my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reformat-my-hard-drive/4479e82f-cbe9-4340-835e-de55c7252676
  10. How do my make my terabyte hard drive my main drive?

How do my make my terabyte hard drive my main drive?: My C Drive is only 110 GB, but I have a TB hard drive. Could someone please tell me how I could make my 2nd HD my main drive? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-my-make-my-terabyte-hard-drive-my-main/0b1f79e2-8012-4989-94d8-bfd0015bc71c"