Windows 10: How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer?

Discus and support How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a peculiar issue. When I put my computer to sleep, mouse movement does not wake my computer. I can move the mouse all I want and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ITresearch2019, Aug 30, 2019.

1. How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer?

Hey all,

I have a peculiar issue. When I put my computer to sleep, mouse movement does not wake my computer. I can move the mouse all I want and it never wakes up.

However, if I move my mouse in the split second after I click "sleep", then my computer wakes up immediately. It only wakes up if I move the mouse in this incredibly short time window after hitting sleep. If I leave the mouse perfectly still, click "sleep", them move the mouse after it is already asleep...the mouse movement does not wake the computer.

How do I fix this? It is very strange to have to keep the mouse literally completely still, take my hand off, just click the left click with 1 finger to put it to sleep and slowly back away hoping the tiniest movement didn't occur during that time.

I have tried going into device manager, unchecking "allow this device to wake computer" for both the mouse and USB settings. I have tried going into power settings and all of that. No options of waking, allowing waking, etc. etc. have made any difference.

Thank you so much in advance!

:)

ITresearch2019, Aug 30, 2019
  2. tcebob Win User

Can't stop mouse from waking computer

I had already set the network driver (Nvidia) to not wake. At your suggestion, In power options I changed the Allow wake timers setting to Disable. Sorry to report, the mouse still wakes the computer. I do appreciate your help.

tcebob, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 30, 2019
  4. _JP_ Win User

How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer?

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer? nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

Thema:

How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer?

1. How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer? - Similar Threads - change mouse settings

2. How do i set up wake timers?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do i set up wake timers?: I dont get any farther after i select enable wake timers in advanced power options. As soon as i click apply and then ok i expect to see another set of choices but nothing happens. i feel stupid. I want my computer to wake upat 3:00 in the morning to do scheduled backups, and...
  3. how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep: when my computer goes to sleep, i have to totally shut it down with the power button and restart. the mouse and keyboard wont wake the computer up. is there a way to correct this?...
  4. how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep: when my computer goes to sleep, i have to totally shut it down with the power button and restart. the mouse and keyboard wont wake the computer up. is there a way to correct this?...
  5. Mouse Settings Changing on all of my computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Settings Changing on all of my computers: I have 2 computers and left click on my second computer's mouse is broken so I change the first and second buttons but this change also effects my other computer which is something I don't want but I don't see an option to change it on a single computer in fact it doesn't...
  6. Mouse Settings Changing on all of my computers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Settings Changing on all of my computers: I have 2 computers and left click on my second computer's mouse is broken so I change the first and second buttons but this change also effects my other computer which is something I don't want but I don't see an option to change it on a single computer in fact it doesn't...
  7. Mouse Settings Changing on all of my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. how do i change my mouse dpi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change my mouse dpi: it dosent have a button that changes it submitted by /u/tonygamer121 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejgvfc/how_do_i_change_my_mouse_dpi/
  9. How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change my mouse settings to not wake computer?: Hey all, I have a peculiar issue. When I put my computer to sleep, mouse movement does not wake my computer. I can move the mouse all I want and it never wakes up. However, if I move my mouse in the split second after I click "sleep", then my computer wakes up immediately....
  10. How do I set wake timers

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set wake timers: I have followed this process and Enabled the "Allow wake timers" in the Advanced Settings/Sleep" section, but I cannot see how to set an Awake Timer. I am wanting to set Sleep after one hour but to wake it up at midnight (say) in order for online backups, updates, etc to...