Windows 10: how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own?

Discus and support how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A friend gave me his dell laptop and I want to change his login info to my own.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BillyStorm1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own?

A friend gave me his dell laptop and I want to change his login info to my own.

:)

BillyStorm1, Jul 29, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jul 29, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jul 29, 2019
  4. how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own?

change pc name

Hi,

To change the computer name, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button.
    • Type View advanced system
      settings
      and press Enter.
    • Go to Computer Name tab.
    • Click Change.
    • Enter the new name.
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    • Restart your computer.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own?

1. how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own? - Similar Threads - change computers name

2. how do i change my name on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change my name on my computer: I originally setup the computer in my daughter's name but she purchased a different computer so I need to delete her name off my computer and reset it to my name....
  3. how do i change my name on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my name on my computer: I originally setup the computer in my daughter's name but she purchased a different computer so I need to delete her name off my computer and reset it to my name....
  4. how do i change my name on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  6. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  7. How do I change the name on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?: How do I change the sign-in name on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-computer/6a42d04d-9eea-4146-bcb1-e77ba5df25ab
  9. How do i change the name from NITRO5 to my own name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i change the name from NITRO5 to my own name?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/trial_expired [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntuex/how_do_i_change_the_name_from_nitro5_to_my_own/
  10. How do I change my computer's device name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my computer's device name?: I'm using my dad's old surface 5 and the device name is in all caps and it's annoying because my headphones have voice prompts so whenever they connect they read out the individual letters one by one submitted by /u/Noam_244 [link] [comments]...