Windows 10: HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????

Discus and support HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD??????? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Microsoft locked my account and forced me to change my password! There was no option of entering a password hint. I am older and don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GlenBrechlin1, Jul 19, 2020.

1. HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????

Microsoft locked my account and forced me to change my password! There was no option of entering a password hint.

I am older and don't want to change my password again!!!!!

How do I change JUST my Password Hint not my password to remind me of my new password???

:)

GlenBrechlin1, Jul 19, 2020

2. Is there a way to update PASSWORD HINTS WITHOUT CHANGING PASSWORDS

Hi David,

Updating your password hints is one way to make sure that your account is secure. You can definitely update password hints without changing the password. Here's how:

• On the search bar, type Settings. Click on Settings
      then locate Accounts.
    • Click on Sign- In Options at the left side of the page, then click on
      Password.
    • Type your current password and the hint that you want to provide under
      Password Hint.

Hope this helps. Let us know if there is anything else.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Changing Password Hint in Windows 10

Hi,

To change your password hint, you can follow the steps below:

• Click
      Start.

• Type Control Panel on the
      Search bar and click it from the result.

• Click
      Change account type underUser
      Accounts.

• Select the user you would like to change password hint.

• Change the password hint for that user.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 19, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????

Changing Password Hint Without Changing Password

You can't get help, but you sure can get sympathy: I'm sorry, you can't change your password hint without changing your password.

BulldogXX, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????

1. HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD??????? - Similar Threads - CHANGE PASSWORD HINT

2. Can I change a password hint without changing the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change a password hint without changing the password?: I am Win 11 Pro 64 bit fully updated except for Previews.I have Full Admin rights and had set up another User Acct a daughter who lives elsewhere on my laptop.This is purely for a form of backup purpose in case her laptop is indisposed. A few weeks ago, I changed her login...
  3. Can I change a password hint without changing the password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change a password hint without changing the password?: I am Win 11 Pro 64 bit fully updated except for Previews.I have Full Admin rights and had set up another User Acct a daughter who lives elsewhere on my laptop.This is purely for a form of backup purpose in case her laptop is indisposed. A few weeks ago, I changed her login...
  4. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password?: I can change my local account password on my windows 10 machine, but not on my windows 11 machine. Why? The very same local account password that I use to login with just fine, windows says that password is wrong when I go to change it. How can this be, when I just signed in...
  5. How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...: I forgot my password and i can have logged into my microsoft linked account but i’m not sure how to change the password for my laptop. Whenever I do change the password it changes my microsoft one. How do I change the dam laptop one. Please Help* Moved from Research* Original...
  6. How do I change my password ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my password ?: I forgot my password how do I find it ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/33a855d6-bc4a-4566-a8b2-b8017c03e915
  7. Changing password hint

Changing password hint: This has been asked before, but I'm asking again because I followed the instructions, I went to settings, account options, password, changed my password, but was never given an open to change the password hint. I've looked everywhere I can, and I can't seem to find any option...
  8. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my password?: I forgot my password, how do I put in a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/84ca6441-236e-48cf-a4a9-0745e60c1cdd
  9. Change Remove Hide Windows 10 Password hint without changing password

Change Remove Hide Windows 10 Password hint without changing password: Dear Windows Users, I saw this topic addressed several times but with no actual answer. This link gives a solution to change or remove the password hint WITHOUT having to change your password through RegEdit :...
  10. how do i change my password

how do i change my password: how do I change my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-my-password/1db110d7-edff-4605-8ad9-038d5f9d05b8"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows set password hint without changinf password