Windows 10: how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...

Discus and support how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i recently was updating some of my computers files and setting info and somehow bound my account to my microsoft account, overriding/reseting my local... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by connortobin1, Oct 16, 2021.

1. how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...

i recently was updating some of my computers files and setting info and somehow bound my account to my microsoft account, overriding/reseting my local password to my microsoft password. i would like to return my pc to a local account but there is no option shown in any of the account settings. How do i go about disconnecting/returning my pc to a local account only?

:)

connortobin1, Oct 16, 2021
  2. robgr Win User

Can't change local account to a Microsoft account

I want to change PC login from a local account to a Microsoft account
    The system is Windows 10 Home
    When I go to Accounts I do not see the option 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account'
    What am I missing?
    How do I change a PC login using a local account to using a Microsoft account?

robgr, Oct 16, 2021
  3. how to change local account to Microsoft account

Hi Linda,

To change your login settings from local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu and select Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type the details for your Microsoft Account.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...

Thema:

how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...

1. how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option... - Similar Threads - change microsoft bound

2. how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...: i recently was updating some of my computers files and setting info and somehow bound my account to my microsoft account, overriding/reseting my local password to my microsoft password. i would like to return my pc to a local account but there is no option shown in any of the...
  3. how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my pc from a microsoft bound account to a local account there is no option...: i recently was updating some of my computers files and setting info and somehow bound my account to my microsoft account, overriding/reseting my local password to my microsoft password. i would like to return my pc to a local account but there is no option shown in any of the...
  4. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account: microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-a-microsoft-account-to-a/f2bdb168-1e93-407e-8e4e-5874203a1272
  5. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  6. How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?: So I wanted to switch from my local account to my Microsoft account, but my microsoft account was already associated with my local account so I couldn't just use the "sign in with microsoft instead" option. Fine. So I created a new local account and made it admin, then...
  7. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  8. How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?: Hello, I have what appears to be a common problem, as far as I can see, from searching about this issue but also one without a good resolution. I have a Windows 10 laptop. I am a local administrator and up until yesterday, there was no Microsoft account associated with...
  9. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  10. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?: While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see...