Windows 10: How do I change my personal login password?

Discus and support How do I change my personal login password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know this has been ask multiply times but how do I change my login password for my computer? (I am not changing my MS password!!!!, which is the only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OopsIbrokeit, Sep 27, 2019.

1. How do I change my personal login password?

I know this has been ask multiply times but how do I change my login password for my computer? (I am not changing my MS password!!!!, which is the only option "My Info".) Could MS please change this back to Windows 7 style where it is so easy.

:)

OopsIbrokeit, Sep 27, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Sep 27, 2019
  4. How do I change my personal login password?

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I change my personal login password?

1. How do I change my personal login password? - Similar Threads - change personal login

2. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my password?: I can change my local account password on my windows 10 machine, but not on my windows 11 machine. Why? The very same local account password that I use to login with just fine, windows says that password is wrong when I go to change it. How can this be, when I just signed in...
  3. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password?: I can change my local account password on my windows 10 machine, but not on my windows 11 machine. Why? The very same local account password that I use to login with just fine, windows says that password is wrong when I go to change it. How can this be, when I just signed in...
  4. How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11: I would like to change my login password, just for increased security. I don't know where to start. I am not looking to change my email passwords....
  5. How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11: I would like to change my login password, just for increased security. I don't know where to start. I am not looking to change my email passwords....
  6. How do I change my password ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my password ?: I forgot my password how do I find it ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/33a855d6-bc4a-4566-a8b2-b8017c03e915
  7. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my password?: I forgot my password, how do I put in a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/84ca6441-236e-48cf-a4a9-0745e60c1cdd
  8. How to change a personal account login to a business login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...
  9. how do i change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change my password: how do I change my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-my-password/1db110d7-edff-4605-8ad9-038d5f9d05b8"
  10. How do I change my Windows 10 login password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my Windows 10 login password?: Thanks again! My login is for an Administrative Account. That clears it up..........