Windows 10: How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet?

Discus and support How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm living in Uni Dorms where we are supposed to access WiFi & Ethernet using our uni portal credentials, I updated my password recently and had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Antsie, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Antsie Win User

How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet?

I'm living in Uni Dorms where we are supposed to access WiFi & Ethernet using our uni portal credentials, I updated my password recently and had to update it on my laptop. I logged in successfully with my new password with WiFi, but for some reason I cant find a way to change my previous credentials from Ethernet, I tried dot3svc from task manager, but whenever I try to diagnose it or disable and re-enable it, it just says "authentication failed".

TLDR: need to update login pass for Ethernet, don't know how.

:)

Antsie, Feb 9, 2019

2. Annoying Credentials Warning pop up every now and then.

Hello Forrest,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Firstly I suggest you to restart the computer.

I suggest you to Save the password in Credential Manager and check if that helps.

Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Credential Manager and select
      Windows Credentials
    • Go down to Generic Credentials and select MicrosoftAccount:user=<user_name>
      (where <user_name> should be your user name).
    • Click Edit and Change the password and press Save.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    update credentials to receive mail from Microsoft Outlook

Hi,

Changes in the Outlook configuration settings may cause this issue. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Outlook version are you using? Click this link for the steps to find out.
    • When did the issue begin?

Since you're unable to install the latest update, you can work around this issue by removing all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps.

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click
      Credential Manager. (Note: If
      View
      by is set to Category, click
      User
      Accounts first, and then click Credential
      Manager.)
    • Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove
      from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word
      Outlook
      in the name.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet? - Similar Threads - change previously saved

2. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  3. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  4. How do I find my previous posts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my previous posts?: How do I find my previous posts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-previous-posts/274d76ce-7c6b-4547-8bf4-124e6f26e676
  5. How do I find my previous posts?

How do I find my previous posts?: How do I find my previous posts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-previous-posts/274d76ce-7c6b-4547-8bf4-124e6f26e676
  6. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  7. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  8. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i change my ethernet from Private to Home?: I cannot find a way to do this if any of you know how please let me know *Biggrin 12430
  10. HOW do i save my battery ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW do i save my battery ?: my laptop is around 3 years, but gives me only half hour unplugged, the remaining time shown is always wrong. this my battery report. battery_report.html Processing...x [img] [img] 61131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet credentials default ethernet