Windows 10: How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months

Discus and support How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I work from home so there is no risk to people knowing my pin or signing in to my computer. I want to extend the lifecycle of the pin to 6 or 12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frank Caldow, Nov 2, 2022.

1. How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months

I work from home so there is no risk to people knowing my pin or signing in to my computer. I want to extend the lifecycle of the pin to 6 or 12 months. how do I do this?

:)

Frank Caldow, Nov 2, 2022

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 2, 2022
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 2, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 2, 2022
Thema:

How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months

1. How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months - Similar Threads - change sign pin

2. How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my sign in pin to more than 3 months: I work from home so there is no risk to people knowing my pin or signing in to my computer. I want to extend the lifecycle of the pin to 6 or 12 months. how do I do this?...
  3. Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?: I am told that "my organization" requires me to change my PIN every three months. How can I change the length in between the changes? Every three months is too much....
  4. Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?: I am told that "my organization" requires me to change my PIN every three months. How can I change the length in between the changes? Every three months is too much....
  5. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  6. how do i change my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i change my pin?: how do I change my pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-pin/734f8ddd-7976-40b1-8c36-84faf4cb9aed
  7. How do I change the pitch of the speakers by more than 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the pitch of the speakers by more than 4?: I know there are sound enhancements to the speakers as provided by Realtek (I think). However the 'pitch shift' is limited to +4 or -4 semitones. How can I get beyond these limits? See attachments if pic doesn't show up. 168686
  8. How do I change my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change my PIN?: Hello, I was hacked and seemed yo have resolved the issue. I've changed my password but I'd like to change my PIN as well. Thanks, Sheila https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-pin/7d6e048c-9d85-4a3f-80de-bb6fc94636d6"
  9. Update annoying more than a month.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update annoying more than a month.: Update annoying more than a month. Last time three days update continued if 100% arrived message appears. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x80244018. Really annoying update i can'nt use the computer....
  10. Data Usage for more than a month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage for more than a month: Hi , How can I see my network data usage for more than a month under "Settings>>Netwok&Internet>>DataUsage" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-for-more-than-a-month/20df901d-e853-4cd0-8658-aa47db60dd71