Windows 10: How do I change my sign in screen name

Discus and support How do I change my sign in screen name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change my sign in screen name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joper1, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Joper1 Win User

How do I change my sign in screen name

:)

Joper1, Aug 17, 2019

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Sign-in name change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

Please note that the Sign-in name will be the same that on your Microsoft Account. So if you want to change the name, you will need to
    sign in to your account and then click on
    Your Info to edit the name. Once you are able to see the changes on Microsoft account, you should be able to see the same on
    Windows. If you are still not able to view the changes, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run dialog (by pressing Windows key + R).
    2. Then type: Netplwiz. This will open the
      User Accounts window.
    3. Select the User account and then click on Properties.
    4. Now change the name and click on Apply & then
      Okay.
    5. Then sign out of the user account and sign in back or simply restart your device. You should be able to view the changes.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 17, 2019
  4. How do I change my sign in screen name

changing name on sign in screen

Hello henryrusso

I'm Peter F

Please Follow these steps

1.Change your account name on the Windows 10

-Open Settings.

-Click on Accounts.

-Click on Your info.

-Click the Manage my Microsoft account link.

-On the left, under your profile image, click the More options menu.

Click the Edit profile option.

-Under the current name, click the Edit name option.

-Type a new name and last name that is more discrete or completely different. For example, you can use the first six letters of your name and the first two letters of your last name.

-Click the Save button.

-Restart your computer.

If is an local account

2.Change your local account name

-Open Control Panel.

-Click the Change account type link.

-Select the account you want to modify the name.

-Click the Change the account name link.

-Type the new name for the account.

-Click the Change Name button.

3.Changing account name using User Account Manager

-Open Start.

-Search for Run, and click the top result.

-Type netplwiz.

-Click the OK button.

-Select the account you want to modify.

-Click the Properties button.

-Type a username. (Usually, you want to use a short name that uses one word.)

In the Full name field, enter the name that you want to see on the sign-in screen.

-Click the Apply button.

-Click the OK button.

-Click the OK button again.

-After you complete these steps, the sign-in screen will display the name you specified in the Full name field.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change my sign in screen name - Similar Threads - change sign screen

2. How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?: I've gone into the settings of everything I can to change my name on my lock screen, but I still get dead named when I sign in. Brinson Faglier is no longer my legal name, it is now Mae Faglier. I would just like my pc to show my name correctly, but it is the only place that...
  3. How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?: I've gone into the settings of everything I can to change my name on my lock screen, but I still get dead named when I sign in. Brinson Faglier is no longer my legal name, it is now Mae Faglier. I would just like my pc to show my name correctly, but it is the only place that...
  4. How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2: I wish to change the name which appears over the sign in box when I start windows 10.How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-which-appears-on-the-sign/cae8f42f-c039-44dc-9265-0fe035e88513
  6. How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2: I wish to change the name which appears over the sign in box when I start windows 10.How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-which-appears-on-the-sign/cae8f42f-c039-44dc-9265-0fe035e88513
  7. How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?

How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?: How do I change the sign-in name on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-computer/6a42d04d-9eea-4146-bcb1-e77ba5df25ab
  9. changing name on sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    changing name on sign in screen: I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?...
  10. how do i change my sign in infomation ? like the name the picture

how do i change my sign in infomation ? like the name the picture: how do i change my sign in infomation ? like the name the picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-sign-in-infomation-like-the/15212d09-3001-41dc-8810-f3364f498d6a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change name on sign in screen

2. change sign on name

3. change sign in screen name