Windows 10: How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin

Discus and support How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change the user folder name to my actual name. It is not giving me the option and I am the admin and I really don't want to create another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianDecker2, Jun 5, 2021.

1. How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin

I want to change the user folder name to my actual name. It is not giving me the option and I am the admin and I really don't want to create another account. How can I do this?

:)

BrianDecker2, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Jun 5, 2021
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 5, 2021
  4. How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin

Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin

1. How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin - Similar Threads - change User Folder

2. Change my admin user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my admin user folder name: I already have an admin account on this PC named "sam" but my folder is named samfl the first 5 letters in my email. I want the name of that folder to be sam. I have 2 other W10 PC's with exactly that scenario. I don't know why this is so hard but I already had to re-install...
  3. How do I change the name of my User Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the name of my User Folder?: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, and for some reason, it put "SwanP" as my Username folder. I want to change this to "Annabelle Baradine", but it says "Access Denied". How do I do this without having to reinstall Windows 10 again?...
  4. How do I change the name of my User Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name of my User Folder?: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, and for some reason, it put "SwanP" as my Username folder. I want to change this to "Annabelle Baradine", but it says "Access Denied". How do I do this without having to reinstall Windows 10 again?...
  5. How do I change the name of my User Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I change the name of my Users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name of my Users folder?: I was wondering how I can change the name of my user/user library. The name "wildh" I would want to change it, but I don't know how, it's not listed anywhere in the user accounts. I have 3 pictures attached, one of the 3 pictures shows the only account on this computer on the...
  7. How do I change the name of my Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the name of my Users folder?: I was wondering how I can change the name of my user/user library. The name "wildh" I would want to change it, but I don't know how, it's not listed anywhere in the user accounts. I have 3 pictures attached, one of the 3 pictures shows the only account on this computer on the...
  8. Microsoft changed my admin User folder name

Microsoft changed my admin User folder name: I recently installed a new OS C: hard drive. First you need to know that around a year ago, I changed the email account connected to my Microsoft account. Obviously that means a different email address. Now back to my issue. When you do a fresh install Microsoft create a...
  9. How do I change my user folder name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my user folder name: Windows 10 - The latest version. I messed up somehow and my user folder is now called "shang" ... go figure. However, I'd like it to be at least "Robert" or maybe even "RobertChalmers" but can't seem to find a way to change it. /Users/shang to /Users/Robert Does anyone...
  10. How do I change the name of my User folder?

How do I change the name of my User folder?: My name is Hemant and the name of the folder is currently heman and I do find that slightly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-user-folder/44d18b45-cad3-44a5-ad47-342b354e436e