Windows 10: How do I change my user's default account.

Discus and support How do I change my user's default account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So when I'm trying to log-in to the new Microsoft Edge it asks for a PIN I haven't set so then I go to settings to change the PIN but its using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EwanBuchanan, Mar 14, 2020.

1. How do I change my user's default account.

So when I'm trying to log-in to the new Microsoft Edge it asks for a PIN I haven't set so then I go to settings to change the PIN but its using a different account than the one I want to sign-in to, but, the account is set as a default account so I cant change it and I don't even know the password of it and emails don't appear that account because its set to go somewhere else that I don't even know, so is there anyway to change the user's default account?

:)

EwanBuchanan, Mar 14, 2020
  2. kiwi Win User

Delete local user account or change default account on start up

Almost!
    I found the user, but Windows in their great wisdom won't let me delete it.
    Is there a way to stop it attempting to log in there as default?
    Screen shot of the users listed.
    How do I change my user's default account. [​IMG]

3. Jim8080 Win User
    Lost my default user account

My default user account is not listed during startup; only the Guest account called Windows User is available.

Earlier, I was trying to find my Microsoft account, but don't think I was successful. I entered a password I had used years ago with the Microsoft Community, but it was incorrect. I'm not sure what I would see if I had opened my Microsoft account. I guess something happened.

I shut down and restarted my computer and to my surprise I was asked for a password. I don't recall what happened when I originally set up the computer, but would have eliminated the password, if possible. I fiddled around, not sure what to do, and accidentally selected Windows User when I started the computer again. Now I'm not asked, and Windows User is automatically used.

My default account is still on the computer. I started with Administrator privileges, and ran C:\WINDWS\system32>net user and it is listed as the default account (WDAGUtilityAccount is listed under the Default Account heading). Windows User is the guest account.

I attempted to use System Restore from the Windows User Account but it was off. Since it is a different account, it probably would not have helped.
    Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Mar 14, 2020
  4. How do I change my user's default account.

changing default account on calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in using mail and colander app on your laptop. However, you may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to
    run the troubleshooter from here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and check if you are able to sync properly. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

How do I change my user's default account.

1. How do I change my user's default account. - Similar Threads - change user's default

2. I want to change my user account, how I can do it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my user account, how I can do it?: I have made an account who has runga with birthday .I am facing a lot of trouble this error, and I want to remove the account and change it so I do not know how.please teach me the method....
  3. I want to change my user account, how I can do it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change my user account, how I can do it?: I have made an account who has runga with birthday .I am facing a lot of trouble this error, and I want to remove the account and change it so I do not know how.please teach me the method....
  4. How do I change my default font?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my default font?: Whenever I read something, it is in symbols, and I cannot read it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-default-font/339577bc-c590-420f-806f-4748e633ae67
  5. How do I change my default font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my default font?: Whenever I read something, it is in symbols, and I cannot read it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-default-font/339577bc-c590-420f-806f-4748e633ae67
  6. How do I change my default font?

7. How do I change my default browser

How do I change my default browser: How can i find out my default browser and change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-default-browser/5f75c329-cfc4-4e6a-b767-dc0f46c6d1df
  8. How do I change name of user folder from default? (C:>Users>USER)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change name of user folder from default? (C:>Users>USER): i just got a new laptop and the users folder is stuck with the name as just "user". i thought that since i have my microsoft account on the laptop it would change the user folder name automatically using the first 5 letters of my email (as it did on my old computer), but it...
  9. My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...: Hi. So a long time ago the default account I was using for this PC for some reason has turned completely black and there was only an error showing on the screen. My brother and I didn't find a solution anywhere for fixing it, So he decided to delete it. Then I started to...
  10. How do I change the profile or account of the default login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the profile or account of the default login: When I first turn the PC on it attempts to login through what must be the default account held by Windows 10. That fails because the password doesn't match. So I'm at the login, I've forgotten the password. At the login screen there is a second user icon for which I do know...