Windows 10: How do I change my UUID on Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change my UUID on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I change my UUID on Windows 10? I installed Windows 7 from an old clean image when I first got my pc and upgraded it to Windows 10 and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kool Daddy Fresh, Aug 11, 2019.

1. How do I change my UUID on Windows 10?

How do I change my UUID on Windows 10? I installed Windows 7 from an old clean image when I first got my pc and upgraded it to Windows 10 and then I installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I still have my Windows 7 OS on a separate hard drive, but I can't have it enabled without it causing issues letting me boot in to Windows 10 because Ubuntu is showing that both hard drives have the same UUID number. Since my Windows 10 partition is on the same hard drive as my Ubuntu partition I'd like to know how to change the UUID for it so I can reenable my original hard drive and have access to both Windows 7 and 10 along with Ubuntu. Is this possible to do and if so how would I go about doing it please? Thanks in advance for the help. How do I change my UUID on Windows 10? :)

:)

Kool Daddy Fresh, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. the universal identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you are getting the error "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported", I suggest you to refer the Microsoft help article to resolve this issue.

First logon fails with "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976660

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful.
    Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

How do I change my UUID on Windows 10?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I change my UUID on Windows 10?

1. How do I change my UUID on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change UUID

2. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  3. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  4. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  6. Can i change system UUID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i change system UUID?: Hello,I have a question regarding changing the system UUID obtained from "win32_computersystemproduct" to a new one. Is this possible?If not, could the UUID be altered by:Formatting Windows and installing a new one?Upgrading the hard disk and CPU?Updating the BIOS?Thanks!...
  7. Can i change system UUID?

Can i change system UUID?: Hello,I have a question regarding changing the system UUID obtained from "win32_computersystemproduct" to a new one. Is this possible?If not, could the UUID be altered by:Formatting Windows and installing a new one?Upgrading the hard disk and CPU?Updating the BIOS?Thanks!...
  8. Can i change system UUID?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?: Hello,today i wondered as on my computers some / all entries in the dropdown list from RDP were replaced by UUID numbers?Any idea why this happened? I was able to see this on a second computer with WIN 11 also.Seemed to happen after the last update KB5009566 or KB5008880.Thx...
  10. Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?

Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?: Hello,today i wondered as on my computers some / all entries in the dropdown list from RDP were replaced by UUID numbers?Any idea why this happened? I was able to see this on a second computer with WIN 11 also.Seemed to happen after the last update KB5009566 or KB5008880.Thx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change uuid windows 10

2. change uuid windows

3. change windows 10 uuid

4. how to get uuid win10,
  5. no uuid on win10,
  6. show uuid on windows 10 ,
  7. uuid en windows 10,
  8. system change uuid windows,
  9. windows uuid 초뭏ㄷ,
  10. How to change UUID Windows 10,
  11. my uuid changed,