Windows 10: How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos

Discus and support How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was moving my libraries to different drives and made a mistake with my Videos folder, and now I have two Documents folders under 'This PC'. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by charlesb, Sep 2, 2019.

1. charlesb Win User

How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos

I was moving my libraries to different drives and made a mistake with my Videos folder, and now I have two Documents folders under 'This PC'. The folder that used to be my videos folder is now called Documents and directs me to the same folder as the original Documents folder. I've tried to change the location for the folder that used to be my Videos folder, but if I make that change, it affects my original Documents folder.

I've been searching online for a solution but I haven't solved the problem yet. Any help is highly appreciated.

Screenshot:

How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos [​IMG]

:)

charlesb, Sep 2, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Sep 2, 2019
  4. How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos

1. How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos - Similar Threads - change Documents Folders

2. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  3. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  4. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WANT DOCUMENTS FOLDER UNDER PC - HOW TO DO THIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WANT DOCUMENTS FOLDER UNDER PC - HOW TO DO THIS: I would like to get the DOCUMENTS folder OUT OF ONE DRIVE where it has gone with the latest update.why does MS do these things?Can someone help please in putting the DOCUMENTS back under PC & not ONE DRIVE?thanksLesley...
  6. WANT DOCUMENTS FOLDER UNDER PC - HOW TO DO THIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WANT DOCUMENTS FOLDER UNDER PC - HOW TO DO THIS: I would like to get the DOCUMENTS folder OUT OF ONE DRIVE where it has gone with the latest update.why does MS do these things?Can someone help please in putting the DOCUMENTS back under PC & not ONE DRIVE?thanksLesley...
  7. Videos Folder under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos Folder under This PC: I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?...
  8. How do I make “Documents” under This PC refer to a local folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make “Documents” under This PC refer to a local folder?: In the left folder tree panel in File Explorer, there are root folders including Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC, etc. Under This PC, there are several folders like Downloads and Music which refer to local directories as expected. But This PC > Documents refers to...
  9. Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC: Hello, I have recently discovered a problem under the 'This PC' heading. I seem to have two 'Documents' folders. However, one icon is the correct for Documents, and the other is the icon for the Pictures. Also, my Pictures folder has gone missing. [img] [img] I have...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....