Windows 10: How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

Discus and support How do I change or delete my original administrator account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MaitaZZ, Nov 24, 2021.

1. MaitaZZ Win User

How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In the accounts options it won't let me delete the school account, so I'd like to know if I can delete that original administrator and start again. I've managed to create another administrator account under family and other users but I can't seem to make the new user the main administrator so that I can delete the old one.

:)

MaitaZZ, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Change original administrator account

I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my Microsoft account and email? I can log in using the old owner's password to access the administrator account, but I don't see any way to change the account to my information. If I create a new user account and make it an administrator account, when I log in using the new account, there is no access to any of the apps I need from the original account. Thanks.

lucidanomaly, Nov 24, 2021
  4. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

1. How do I change or delete my original administrator account? - Similar Threads - change delete original

2. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  3. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  4. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change or delete my original administrator account?: I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In...
  5. How do i delete an administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i delete an administrator account?: Hi, I have set up a new Inspiron but now wish to change the administrator and delete the old profile. How do i do this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-administrator-account/27bfb4b8-f9c9-4fad-a147-5b32e82a1454
  6. how do I change the administrator on my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I change the administrator on my account?: How do i Change the administrator name and email address on my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-administrator-on-my-account/3359495c-b329-4ba5-876a-2508618c8449"
  7. How do I delete the Local Administrator on my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete the Local Administrator on my microsoft account?: How do I delete the Local Administrator user on my Microsoft account? I already have the only Administrator account with my password that I always use to do everything on Microsoft!...
  8. How do i change my Gmail on administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change my Gmail on administrator account: I logged in to my new PC with windows 10 as the administrator and now I need to change my gmail address that I gave to the Microsoft account. But the system doesn't allow me to do that. How can i change it or will I not be able to change it anymore ?...
  9. Change original administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change original administrator account: I would like to know WHY the original administrator account can not be changed. Add another administrator account is NOT ENOUGH. For security reasons I urgently need to change this, but as I have been reading, it is, by design, not possible. For all I can see this is some...
  10. Change original administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change original administrator account: I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my...