Windows 10: how do I change paging file size windows 10

Discus and support how do I change paging file size windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I change the paging file size in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Geoff Harvey, Mar 10, 2019.

1. how do I change paging file size windows 10

How do I change the paging file size in windows 10

:)

Geoff Harvey, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Page file size?

Deleting it is fine, but keep in mind if you delete your page file a memory dump has no where to go and will be deleted. Not a big deal but just FYI. Really there is nothing to gain by deleting a page file. Except for the physical space. Windows set your page file the same size as your ram for a reason. So suggesting you should delete it if you have 16+ Gb ram and wont need it is inaccurate. You can also recover Data on a BSOD if you have the dump file

"Microsoft says that, when the page file is set to a system-managed size and the computer is configured for automatic memory dumps, “Windows sets the size of the paging file large enough to ensure that a kernel memory dump can be captured most of the time.” As Microsoft points out, crash dumps are an important consideration when deciding what size the page file should be. The page file must be large enough to contain the memory data."

Windows Memory Dumps: What Exactly Are They For?

Jetster, Mar 10, 2019
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

how do I change paging file size windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

how do I change paging file size windows 10

1. how do I change paging file size windows 10 - Similar Threads - change paging file

2. Should I change my paging size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I change my paging size?: I have 32gb of good ram and 2tb ssd fast. Is there a point to changing paging size, and will it help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-change-my-paging-size/c2e68c87-2395-4165-a161-005164e1d184
  3. Should I change my paging size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I change my paging size?: I have 32gb of good ram and 2tb ssd fast. Is there a point to changing paging size, and will it help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-change-my-paging-size/c2e68c87-2395-4165-a161-005164e1d184
  4. Tweaking page file size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweaking page file size: With 32gb ram running win10 mostly for games, what is the best page file size setting ? Should i leave it at default, increase it or disable it ? 181333
  5. Do I need to change page file size or change disk indexing or change any settings for an...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to change page file size or change disk indexing or change any settings for an...: I have my Windows laptop running Windows 10 Professional 10.0.19042.662 and I've installed MX 500 SSD for my boot drive and storage and I've seen many articles showing that you need to do these things to increase life span of your SSD like turning off page file, turn off...
  6. How do I change size of photo files, Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change size of photo files, Win 10: I have photos in JPG and PDF, Most are 1.5 - 3MB. I'd like to store copies of many of these in a smaller size optimized for text messages. How can I reduce the size of selected photos? DW...
  7. How do I change Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change Font Size: When I log in font size is to small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-font-size/f7da11ea-bf8e-4d8b-8930-bb922794a620
  8. How do i change the size of "kernel event size"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i change the size of "kernel event size": computer resets itself when ever this limit is exceeded. How do I enlarge it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-size-of-kernel-event-size/b52f75c0-5fae-4b62-b92c-1ed4a2a8c343
  9. How do I adjust page/screen size

How do I adjust page/screen size: I have the most updated version of Microsoft 10 Home. However when I click on a file/document or webpage it doesn't fit on my screen. They are too big. I thought the update would fix this. I can't even get to the start link. I have to use the button on the keyboard to...
  10. How do I change the zoom or font size in File Explorer

How do I change the zoom or font size in File Explorer: How do I change the zoom or font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-zoom-or-font-size-in-file/387705e7-4b31-48d1-afec-ea9c5a5d9014

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone change page file size