Windows 10: How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?

Discus and support How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nusaram, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Nusaram Win User

How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?

Hello,

In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders.

I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this:

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor /t REG_DWORD /d 4280488424 /f

Upon completion, only the Title bars and Window borders are successfully changed; Start, Task bar, and Action Center remain unchanged. Moreover, the registry shows the change; however, when I go to Personalization Settings, it still has the old color selected as the Accent Color.

I've tried stopping and restarting explorer.exe and dwm.exe but all to no avail.

All I want to achieve is the exact same result as what I do via GUI: When I make the color change in Personalization Settings, everything immediately refreshes.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

:)

Nusaram, Jun 8, 2019

2. Automatic Accent colors.

Accent color does not change automatically with wallpaper transition even when option "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" is set to do so. But opening personalization settings act as reminding OS
    to change color even when I does not change any setting. It must change automatically.

How to solve this problem?

AachmanMittal, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jun 8, 2019
  4. How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?

Change Accent Color ?

Hello

How to change Accent Color without Setting it in the GUI ?

reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "AccentColor" /t REG_DWORD /d 0xXXXXXXXX

reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "ColorizationColor" /t REG_DWORD /d 0xXXXXXXXX

reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "ColorizationAfterglow" /t REG_DWORD /d 0xXXXXXXXX

That's change the registry values, but these change don't take effect !

Then how to do?

I want it in the Registry way !

Or if not possible, in the Command Line way !

Or if not possible Again, in the PowerShell way ?

Thank You

erwanraikkonen, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?

1. How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script? - Similar Threads - Change Personalization Accent

2. Change the Proxy script address with command line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change the Proxy script address with command line: I would like to change the Proxy script address value with command lineI have a script address , sometime I need to change this address . I want to write a bat file to change this value. but I don't know the command of about value . Thank you....
  3. Change the Proxy script address with command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the Proxy script address with command line: I would like to change the Proxy script address value with command lineI have a script address , sometime I need to change this address . I want to write a bat file to change this value. but I don't know the command of about value . Thank you....
  4. Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  5. Change Power Mode via script or command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Power Mode via script or command line: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  6. Accent colors changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  7. How do you print via command line?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you print via command line?: I can't figure out how to properly use the print command.Here's my printer information: [ATTACH] How should I modify the example from the Microsoft Docs page, "print /d:\\copyroom\printer1 c:\accounting\report.txt" to print a file? This doesn't work, "print...
  8. Settings > Personalization > Colors > Accent colors: no longer can choose separate colors...

Settings > Personalization > Colors > Accent colors: no longer can choose separate colors...: OS: Windows 10 Home, Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 (Windows version 1909) After update(s) to 1903 or 1909, accent colors can no longer be set to separate colors for the "Start, taskbar and action center" and the "Title bars and windows borders". How can we choose...
  9. How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?: Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this: Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor...
  10. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows personalization settings via command line

2. what is accent color in personalization settings in microsoft

3. powershell windows 10 accent color