Windows 10: How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

Discus and support How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an installed program on a client computer that will only launch if I "Run as Administrator" even though the user account belongs to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oreos, Oct 5, 2018.

1. oreos Win User

How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

I have an installed program on a client computer that will only launch if I "Run as Administrator" even though the user account belongs to the Administrator Group. How do I change this without having to uninstall the program?
    Thank you,

:)

oreos, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Janeane Cru Win User
    Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

Running programs as an administrator can be set checking the properties of the app it self. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? It is better if you could provide to us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Martin Bar Win User

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator" - Similar Threads - change program running

2. How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator": Windows 10 ver. 1803 I have an installed program on a client computer that will only launch if I "Run as Administrator" even though the user account belongs to the Administrator Group. How do I change this without having to uninstall the program? Thank you, 119230
  3. certain programs now only work if run as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    certain programs now only work if run as administrator: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...
  4. Unassociated file associations only running programs as administrator

Unassociated file associations only running programs as administrator: My issue revolves around encountering read/wright permissions with programs Java-based programs. I currently have installed jdk-8u65-windows-x64 on Windows 10 64-bit. Java is installed on C drive within program files. by Java-based programs reside outside the program folders...
  5. Run User Program As Administrator

Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...
  6. Not Running as Administrator

Not Running as Administrator: Hey all, anyone experiencing issues with Running as Administrator ever since the last W10 update? To overcome a printing error in Final Draft I have to run the program as administrator, but ever since the last update, the program simply doesn't start after I hit "Yes"...
  7. Programs needing to be run as administrator to function

Programs needing to be run as administrator to function: I'm not sure when this started, but I know it was working fine a week ago. The 2 notable programs are League of Legends and Nexus Mod Manager. When I open Nexus Mod Manager, it says it doesn't have rights to the drive Skyrim is on. If I go to program files and run as admin,...
  8. How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator'

How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator': When an application is open, is there some way to tell if it's being run 'As Administrator'? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 89905
  9. How do I run chkdsk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I run chkdsk: I keep getting this error message...something to the effect of "something wrong w/D drive and needs to be scanned". I went on line and was told to click win key and x, then select command prompt administrator, then type in D f / r / x. Is this correct or should there be...
  10. How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?: In Windows 8.1 i can easily elevate all program to run as administrator via Local Policy. in Windows 10. when i use that method most of metro apps even setting and control panel screw up because they using metro GUI instead windows GUI. 11533