Windows 10: How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

Discus and support How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 ver. 1803 I have an installed program on a client computer that will only launch if I "Run as Administrator" even though the user account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oreos, Oct 5, 2018.

1. oreos Win User

How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

Windows 10 ver. 1803

I have an installed program on a client computer that will only launch if I "Run as Administrator" even though the user account belongs to the Administrator Group. How do I change this without having to uninstall the program?
    Thank you,

:)

oreos, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

Running programs as an administrator can be set checking the properties of the app it self. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? It is better if you could provide to us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 5, 2018
  4. How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

1. How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator" - Similar Threads - change program running

2. How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?: How do I stop a Program from running as administrator? And before you say uncheck it, it's greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-program-from-running-as/ca4a09a4-22e6-463d-b5da-1590ee75a5d7
  3. How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?: How do I stop a Program from running as administrator? And before you say uncheck it, it's greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-program-from-running-as/ca4a09a4-22e6-463d-b5da-1590ee75a5d7
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  5. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  6. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?: I had a super old game on disc that I was trying to install and run, the former happened and I couldn't make the latter happen, so I tried to just uninstall the game altogether. Windows asks me if I want to let rundll32 edit files, and I click yes, and I immediately get an...
  8. Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop: I've just noticed this - I have a few programs that should only be run as an Admin - they have the blue/yellow shield. I In the past I right clicked and ran these from the desktop as an administrator - no problem, Now all of a sudden I find that I can only run these programs...
  9. How Do I Run a Program as Administrator All the Time?

How Do I Run a Program as Administrator All the Time?: I think that I have done a method before. I am not sure. My username in Windows 10 is not Administrator, and there are no shield icons anywhere. And, when I just hit Enter on a highlighted program, it is running in Administrator Mode. For example, when I just hit Enter on a...
  10. How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator": I have an installed program on a client computer that will only launch if I "Run as Administrator" even though the user account belongs to the Administrator Group. How do I change this without having to uninstall the program? Thank you, 119231

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if the program only run as administrator how would i change that