Windows 10: How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup?

Discus and support How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There may be a very simple answer to this, but I am wondering how I can tell the screen management screen the sizes of the monitors. I run a FHD 24"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UseThEreDdiTapP, Sep 12, 2022.

1. How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup?

There may be a very simple answer to this, but I am wondering how I can tell the screen management screen the sizes of the monitors. I run a FHD 24" main monitor and a cheaper 27" vertically as a reading monitor. Now, I was able to set the height/position somewhat correctly and all, but the 27" scales up the mouse movement. There is one point the height of the mouse stays the same when changing screens, but above/below the mouse jumps a bit going to the second screen, as if they are the same size. How do I tell the OS that one screen is bigger? I know it probably is a scaling thing, same pixel count on different size panels, but I prefer the mouse not skipping a bit when moving to the other screen.

submitted by /u/UseThEreDdiTapP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UseThEreDdiTapP, Sep 12, 2022

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 12, 2022
  3. Changed screen size

Hi,

For us to better assist with your concern on screen size, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Have you tried changing the screen resolution of your monitor?

To change the screen resolution, you can check the steps below to change your screen resolution.

• On Desktop mode, right click and choose Display settings.
    • On the right pane, click Display.
    • On Resolution, choose the recommended screen resolution for your monitor.
    • Once your done, click on Keep changes.

For more information to get the best display of your monitor, refer to this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 12, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup?

Setup dual monitor in Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to press Windows Key + P on keyboard and follow onscreen instruction to setup dual monitor in Windows 10. As there is a conflict in connecting multiple hardware you may also
    Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup?

1. How do I change relative screen sizes on a dual monitor setup? - Similar Threads - change relative screen

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  4. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  6. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  7. How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors): I have an HDMI switcher hooked up to my switch and my pc. I usually have something playing on Youtube on my second monitor for background noise and whenever i switch the HDMI the whole window shifts to my main monitor. Is there a way to have Windows not change anything when...
  8. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  10. Change default setup for dual monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change default setup for dual monitor: The firm I'm working for is extensively using flexible workplaces. Most desks are nicely equipped with an additional monitor for use with my own laptop. This is very convenient when the additional monitor is setup to "Extend these displays". However, every time I connect...