Windows 10: How do I change right click for the trackpad?

Discus and support How do I change right click for the trackpad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using a Mac for a while now and recently switched to a Windows laptop. On mac, you can change the trackpad to if you want to "right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cloudlet723, Oct 4, 2020.

1. How do I change right click for the trackpad?

Hello, I have been using a Mac for a while now and recently switched to a Windows laptop. On mac, you can change the trackpad to if you want to "right click," you can click the bottom left or right portion of the touchpad instead of clicking with 2 fingers. However, I can only click the trackpad with 2 fingers to activate right click, and I don't see an option related to configuring this in the settings. Help?

submitted by /u/cloudlet723
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cloudlet723, Oct 4, 2020

2. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 4, 2020
  3. noejavier Win User
    trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Graeme.P Win User

How do I change right click for the trackpad?

Unable to disable laptop trackpad after Windows 10 update (Feb 2019)

Hi Shawn, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

One way to disable the trackpad would be to use Device Manager. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your trackpad in the list.

- Right-click the trackpad, and choose Uninstall Device.

This should stop the trackpad from functioning. If you want to re-enable it, you can follow the same steps and choose Enable instead.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I change right click for the trackpad?

1. How do I change right click for the trackpad? - Similar Threads - change right click

2. The right side of my trackpad doesn't click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The right side of my trackpad doesn't click: The right side of my trackpad doesnt click as deeply and it clicks really softly... now I'm not able to right click with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-side-of-my-trackpad-doesnt-click/008907b3-b098-42eb-aaab-4f62e71f4684
  3. Trackpad right-click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  4. Trackpad right-click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  5. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  6. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  7. Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad

Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad: I recently received a Predator Helios 300 I was previously a Mac owner, I'm new to Microsoft and have been tweaking some stuff and was wondering, is there any way to make it so that you can hold right-click instead of only being able to click it with a built-in trackpad? I...
  8. How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop which only has a touchpad, and no right - click, middle - click or left-click keys. For a right - click to register, I have to press the lower-right part of the touchpad or tap the touchpad with 2 fingers.I find both of these inconvenient for...
  9. How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...

How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop which only has a touchpad, and no right - click, middle - click or left-click keys. For a right - click to register, I have to press the lower-right part of the touchpad or tap the touchpad with 2 fingers.I find both of these inconvenient for...
  10. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad): Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window,...