Windows 10: How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700

Discus and support How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by walttimm, Apr 17, 2019.

1. walttimm Win User

How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700

:)

walttimm, Apr 17, 2019

2. HP Envy x360 with 1440p screen?

So I bought a refurb HP Envy x360 with the AMD FX 9800P and recently discovered I could set the screen resolution to 2560x1440 despite HP advertising this machine as only being capable of 1920x1080. Has anyone else bought one of these and found they could change the resolution to 1440P? I was thinking maybe since mine is a refurb that it was originally returned for some kind of screen issue and they replaced the screen with whatever they had lying around that day, which could well have been a screen meant for a Spectre, and not an Envy, since the Spectre does come with a 1440p screen. Would a mistake like this even be possible? It came in an Envy box and it says Envy everywhere on the laptop where it should say it. There is no external evidence that this might actually be a Spectre and not an Envy. So is this a fluke or all of these capable of displaying 1440p instead of being limited to 1080p as advertised?

sliderider, Apr 17, 2019
  3. James M Win User
    Why does HP Envy 700 freeze and glitch out?

How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700 [​IMG]

I have an HP Envy 700 PC Series. I was out of town for about five days (the computer ran while I was absent) and when I got back, the computer wouldn't respond (it was on and sleeping when I tried). After restarting it, the issue started (as seen in the picture above). My guess is the hard drive's failing, which I base off the following:

• I tried hooking the tower up to a different monitor, but the same issue persists.
    • My friend suggested the graphics card is failing, but the entire system still freezes.
    • The system initially shows the screen above when booted and stops there, indicating the hard drive may not be readable?

To clarify, the system appears to both freeze AND glitch at the same time. This much is certain as the loading screen never progresses.

Notes of interest:

• I managed to load the system entirely just once after a few attempts and even login. I could not see anything on my actual desktop and the WIFI icon was absent in the task bar; everything else seemed functional. The system crashed, however, after opening an application. Now, the system freezes almost as soon as the HP logo appears on subsequent restarts.
    • During my initial restarts, I saw a message below the HP loading animation that said "Diagnosing your PC..." This message disappeared in subsequent restarts.
    • I don't believe I have a virus because I had at least two antivirus applications running prior to this incident.
      -I've had this computer since late 2014; it seems odd the parts are already failing when older models lasted WAY longer (and still run!).

My biggest concern at this point is ensuring I can recover my data with an enclosure kit and reinstall Windows 10 on another hard drive if necessary.

So, few questions...

A. What's happening (i.e., what part is failing)?
    B. Is my data recoverable?
    C. Can I fix the part or will I need to replace it?

James M, Apr 17, 2019
  4. tewilso Win User

Windows 10 fails to install on HP Envy 700

Windows 10 failed to install on updated Windows 8.1 Pro on an HP Envy 700 (multiple attempts). I do not want to perform a clean install as the headache of reinstalling applications isn't worth it. Any suggestions? Perhaps I need to remove the Beats Audio
    (from a thread I saw). I don't want to waste time, the solution must be guaranteed to work or I will stay with Win 8.1 Pro.

tewilso, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700 - Similar Threads - change screen brightness

2. The spontaneous changing of brightness on HP Envy 13 - adaptive brightness disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The spontaneous changing of brightness on HP Envy 13 - adaptive brightness disabled: Hello,I have an issue with the spontaneous changing of brightness on HP Envy 13. The adaptive brightness is disabled and yet it changes spontaneously while switching tabs. I mean... f.e. I have a game launched, I quit to desktop and the brightness goes rapidly down. I have...
  3. The spontaneous changing of brightness on HP Envy 13 - adaptive brightness disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The spontaneous changing of brightness on HP Envy 13 - adaptive brightness disabled: Hello,I have an issue with the spontaneous changing of brightness on HP Envy 13. The adaptive brightness is disabled and yet it changes spontaneously while switching tabs. I mean... f.e. I have a game launched, I quit to desktop and the brightness goes rapidly down. I have...
  4. Will HP ENVY 700-027c Work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will HP ENVY 700-027c Work?: A client has the subject PC (Prod No. H5P80AA#ABA) and wants to upgrade the factory installed Windows 8.1 (64-bit) to Windows 10. It has 12GB RAM and 1TB HDD, (mostly empty). I have been totally unable to discover if this machine is compatible with the lastest Windows 10...
  5. How do I change screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change screen brightness?: I have Windows 10 v 1903, desktop pc. I've gone into Settings > Display, but there is no setting/slide bar as some instruction on line show to adjust screen brightness. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've also gone into I use the night light setting already but I'd like it...
  6. HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help: Hey All, I recently had an issue and hope it helps someone. I've spent hours and searched through countless threads and nothing helped. My issue was that on my newer HP Envy model I lost the ability to adjust the screen brightness (by scroll bar, through...
  7. Compact Flash Drive not read by softward HP Envy 700

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compact Flash Drive not read by softward HP Envy 700: The built in compact flash drive of my HP Envy-700 appears to be not working. When I insert memory chip from camera and try to import photos, the software does not detect a drive or photos. Two weeks ago I was able to import photos from that same memory card inserted into...
  8. How do I change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I change screen brightness: Win 10 ver 1803 Build 17134.441 Screen is way too bright for my eyes. I tried but unable to find the tutorial on how to change screen brightness. It's not in Power Options, nor in Action Center, nor anywhere from Settings. Will someone please give me the link to it ? Thank...
  9. How do I change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change screen brightness: Win 10 ver 1803 Build 17134.441 I tried but unable to find the tutorial on how to change screen brightness. It's not in Power Options, nor in Action Center, nor anywhere from Settings. Will someone please give me the link to it ? Thank you. 122572
  10. How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen: How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/how-can-i-change-the-brightness-of-my-hp-laptop/c7d86974-935b-4d0a-ab61-b530caf0e84a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjust brightness hp envy 2019