Windows 10: How do I change screen brightness?

Discus and support How do I change screen brightness? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 v 1903, desktop pc. I've gone into Settings > Display, but there is no setting/slide bar as some instruction on line show to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeniseJM, Jul 3, 2019.

1. DeniseJM Win User

How do I change screen brightness?

I have Windows 10 v 1903, desktop pc.

I've gone into Settings > Display, but there is no setting/slide bar as some instruction on line show to adjust screen brightness.

How do I change screen brightness? bb91a0c4-6bb1-4b8f-b089-2f850fb5acc6?upload=true.jpg How do I change screen brightness? baff781a-ee6a-4ef5-a9e4-920c20d05e1b?upload=true.jpg

I've also gone into I use the night light setting already but I'd like it dimmer still, all day and night.

When I right click on the battery icon in the system tray of the taskbar, there is no setting/slide bar to adjust screen brightness.

How do I change screen brightness? 8255f5ac-095f-4783-922c-e108beec81ab?upload=true.png

I tried to update my display driver but Windows found no update.

How else can I change the brightness setting besides changing my monitor's settings?

:)

DeniseJM, Jul 3, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 3, 2019
  3. ICG01 Win User
    Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Jul 3, 2019
  4. How do I change screen brightness?

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

How do I change screen brightness?

1. How do I change screen brightness? - Similar Threads - change screen brightness

2. How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen: In laptop mode or when I press F11 for full screen mode, if my son swipes on the screen or even tried to write something with his finger, the volume changes and the screen brightness changes, sometimes all the way to black. It makes the touch screen unusable.Is it broken or...
  3. How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen: In laptop mode or when I press F11 for full screen mode, if my son swipes on the screen or even tried to write something with his finger, the volume changes and the screen brightness changes, sometimes all the way to black. It makes the touch screen unusable.Is it broken or...
  4. How do I change the brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the brightness?: Why is this is damn difficult? I pull up display settings. No sliders for brightness. Side bar has "have a question? change screen brightness" which brings me to a google help ad. Help ad says just pull up activity center right side of taskbar. I have no activity center. I...
  5. How do I change the brightness of Individual applications if I dont have brightness...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the brightness of Individual applications if I dont have brightness...: I have a Dell Inspiron Lap and the keyboard got damaged due to dust accumulation and I had to buy a portable one for the time being. The keyboard which I bought does not have brightness adjustment in the function keys but volume control is there. Now if I lower the brightness...
  6. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen brightness: I have updated my computer and it still does not work I also cant turn on the night light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/8efc0d03-b30b-45b6-8dba-e5ae5fd498c8
  7. How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700: How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-screen-brightness-please-hp-envy/ae862464-19a0-4512-ad46-5cc0d29d2f2d
  8. How do I change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I change screen brightness: Win 10 ver 1803 Build 17134.441 Screen is way too bright for my eyes. I tried but unable to find the tutorial on how to change screen brightness. It's not in Power Options, nor in Action Center, nor anywhere from Settings. Will someone please give me the link to it ? Thank...
  9. How do I change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change screen brightness: Win 10 ver 1803 Build 17134.441 I tried but unable to find the tutorial on how to change screen brightness. It's not in Power Options, nor in Action Center, nor anywhere from Settings. Will someone please give me the link to it ? Thank you. 122572
  10. How to change the screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the screen brightness?: I have a Dell, I'm not able to change the screen brightness. Its very hard to see. Any help is appreciated! ***Moved from other/Unknown /Other Windows apps***...