Windows 10: How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Discus and support How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by salishsong, Jun 3, 2019.

1. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal way. But I want to change the scroll direction to Natural Scrolling - what I'm used to. I've followed the directions available online. Under Mice - Hardware in Control Panel, there's just one mouse listed, an HID-Compliant mouse. First, I assumed that was the one I was using, so I changed it. Turns out that applied to the wired mouse that came with the computer and its scroll direction was successfully changed, as I found out when I plugged it back in. So these directions would work with my computer, but my mouse just isn't showing up as an HID-compliant mouse in the Mice area. I think I found it though...listed as a keyboard. And keyboards don't appear to have a path with a numeric string where I could change the digit to reverse scrolling. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the scrolling - either how to get my mouse to show up in the Control Panel as a mouse, or a work-around. Thanks.

:)

salishsong, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Wired Mouse jumps in the opposite direction when scrolling

Hi Jason,

This can be due to a recent change in the configuration of your device.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried to use your mouse to a different computer? If yes, did you encounter the same concern?
    • What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we recommend that you unplug the device and use another USB port to reconnect your mouse. If the issue still persists. We suggest that you uninstall the device through device manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type DeviceManager and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click from the device and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Note that Windows 10 includes the native drivers of your mouse. It will be reinstalled automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Jerky Mouse Wheel Scrolling.

Hi Arron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to update the Mouse drivers by following the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right Click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the Mouse driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Mouse scrolles up when im scrolling down

There may be an issue with the driver of your mouse that is why you're encountering difficulties when scrolling. We suggest that you uninstall the driver of your mouse, and then restart the computer to re-install the driver. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • On the Device Manager window, double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click the mouse driver, and then click Uninstall.
    • On the prompt window, click the check box and click OK.
    • Turn off the computer by pressing the ALT and F4
      buttons together, and then press Enter. Please take note that you may need to press the buttons twice for you to see the window that will allow you to turn off the computer.
    • After turning off the computer, turn it on after 10 seconds.
    • Check if you can scroll properly.

Kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

1. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice? - Similar Threads - change scroll direction

2. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?: Hello,As a Designer I work very often with both Windows and MacBooks devices and there's a big difference between the Mouse Scroll direction on the platforms. MacOS does offer an option to change the scroll direction from "Natural" to what windows use - which is un-natural,...
  3. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?: Hello,As a Designer I work very often with both Windows and MacBooks devices and there's a big difference between the Mouse Scroll direction on the platforms. MacOS does offer an option to change the scroll direction from "Natural" to what windows use - which is un-natural,...
  4. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  6. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  7. How to disable changing drop-down list option by scrolling mouse wheel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable changing drop-down list option by scrolling mouse wheel?: When I hover mouse on top of closed drop-down list and accidentally scrolls mouse wheel, it changes selection in that list. It's annoying... It happens in system interfaces and in third party applications that uses Windows UI elements. How can I disable this feature?...
  8. how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction: how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-touch-pad-scroll-direction/b6c4b203-f68e-489b-85e8-8a3dee16e6f0
  9. How to reverse Mouse and Touchpads scrolling direction in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reverse Mouse and Touchpads scrolling direction in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Mouse and Touchpads not only make computing easy but more efficient and less time-consuming. We cannot imagine a life without these devices, but still, it is a fact that you cannot customize these devices much. All touchpads and mice come [...] This post How...
  10. How do I change my mouse to reverse scroll?!?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change my mouse to reverse scroll?!?!?!?!: pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-change-my-mouse-to-reverse-scroll/92ca5b1e-3300-41bb-ac10-75a496d75bfe