Windows 10: How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

Discus and support How do I change speaker connection from internal to external? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a client that has a PC that the sound emits from the internal speaker. The OS Window 10, PC is a Dell.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackPrivitt, Aug 9, 2019.

1. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

I have a client that has a PC that the sound emits from the internal speaker. The OS Window 10, PC is a Dell.

:)

JackPrivitt, Aug 9, 2019

2. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Aug 9, 2019
  3. JoeKocek Win User
    External speaker setting

Have Toshiba L745 laptop with Window 7. Windows 10 was just installed(did it automatically I never wanted it). Besides burying my original desktop under about 3 or 4 windows my internal speakers didn't work. Made sure updates were installed. Through troubleshooting process
    I discovered that when external speakers were plugged in they worked. Further experimentation and I found that in order for the internal speakers to work I have to go into the speaker settings and manually change to speaker in order for them to work and for
    the external to work I have to go back into the settings and select headphones.

Prior to the windows 10 install the on board speakers would work and automatically toggle to external when an external speaker was plugged in.

Why now the extra step? Is there some way to have the speaker output automatically toggle like it used to?

JoeKocek, Aug 9, 2019
  4. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

external speakers not working

so...i'm using asus rog laptop with conexant smartaudio HD drivers and recently i found out that when i connect my external speakers the sound plays from the internal ones. i tried reinstalling the drivers and checked under playback devices but the external
    speakers are not listed, tried enabling "show disabled devices" but still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

kindredspirit1, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

1. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external? - Similar Threads - change speaker connection

2. Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?: I have a Dell Latitude 5430 running Windows 11. Audio output settings correctly showed both internal speakers and USB headphones. I had a temporary problem with headphones and mistakenly clicked "Don't Allow" button on the internal speakers in System>Sound>Properties. Now the...
  3. Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?: I have a Dell Latitude 5430 running Windows 11. Audio output settings correctly showed both internal speakers and USB headphones. I had a temporary problem with headphones and mistakenly clicked "Don't Allow" button on the internal speakers in System>Sound>Properties. Now the...
  4. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  5. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  6. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I install external speakers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install external speakers?: How do I install an external speaker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-external-speakers/0d2bf462-7669-4d67-9c26-60716dfa0ea1
  8. I can't hear from my internal or external speaker in my laptop

I can't hear from my internal or external speaker in my laptop: I am not able to listen from internal or external speakers. I am facing this issue after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-from-my-internal-or-external-speaker/d5f9d447-cf15-4098-8a63-63ef8fff9a0f
  9. How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on: Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took...
  10. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker: I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change internal speakers to external speakers

2. how to change internal speaker to external speaker

3. how to change to external speakers