Windows 10: How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

Discus and support How do I change speaker connection from internal to external? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a client that has a PC that the sound emits from the internal speaker. The OS Window 10, PC is a Dell.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackPrivitt, Aug 9, 2019.

1. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

I have a client that has a PC that the sound emits from the internal speaker. The OS Window 10, PC is a Dell.

:)

JackPrivitt, Aug 9, 2019

2. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Aug 9, 2019
  3. JoeKocek Win User
    External speaker setting

Have Toshiba L745 laptop with Window 7. Windows 10 was just installed(did it automatically I never wanted it). Besides burying my original desktop under about 3 or 4 windows my internal speakers didn't work. Made sure updates were installed. Through troubleshooting process
    I discovered that when external speakers were plugged in they worked. Further experimentation and I found that in order for the internal speakers to work I have to go into the speaker settings and manually change to speaker in order for them to work and for
    the external to work I have to go back into the settings and select headphones.

Prior to the windows 10 install the on board speakers would work and automatically toggle to external when an external speaker was plugged in.

Why now the extra step? Is there some way to have the speaker output automatically toggle like it used to?

JoeKocek, Aug 9, 2019
  4. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

external speakers not working

so...i'm using asus rog laptop with conexant smartaudio HD drivers and recently i found out that when i connect my external speakers the sound plays from the internal ones. i tried reinstalling the drivers and checked under playback devices but the external
    speakers are not listed, tried enabling "show disabled devices" but still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

kindredspirit1, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

1. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external? - Similar Threads - change speaker connection

2. How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?: How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-internal-speaker-in-windows/cee9b6a8-ed55-462a-b0a5-972d56f42f00
  3. How to Change Boot Disk from Internal HDD to External SSD

How to Change Boot Disk from Internal HDD to External SSD: I've cloned C onto new external SSD. All I need now is: How do I make the PC boot from the new external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-boot-disk-from-internal-hdd-to/c32a0a25-6c69-4d8a-9835-ad20bb4bb05d
  4. connecting external speakers to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting external speakers to pc: Am using: hp slimline desktop 260 a010z windows 10 v. 1809 IE11 & edge browsers. So long ago I don't remember why I connected an hdmi cable from monitor to tower using the green speaker outlets. Now I wish to try to connect external speakers but am unsure of purpose of...
  5. how do i change my internal username on windows 10?

how do i change my internal username on windows 10?: i use the same microsoft account as the rest of my family, as it's more convenient to have everyone's stuff all stored in the one place. i'm using a surface pro with a single user (myself) connected to said microsoft account. whenever anything on my computer needs to fill in...
  6. How do I connect my Bluetooth Speaker

How do I connect my Bluetooth Speaker: How do I connect my Bluetooth Speaker to my laptop with the windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-bluetooth-speaker/2da6ff07-aeda-4c50-a928-c29f7a9cab40
  7. how to turn internal speakers back on?

how to turn internal speakers back on?: Someone swiped my bluetooth speaker so how do I turn on my computer's internal speaker again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-internal-speakers-back-on/dae94143-7504-4551-8f1b-379cb02dfbd4
  8. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker: I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer....
  9. How Do I Connect these Speakers to My PC?

How Do I Connect these Speakers to My PC?: I took out these speakers from an old Dell computer that was connected to the motherboard. I want to know if I can connect them to my desktop PC. Look at the attached pic. The connector of the speaker may not readily connect to the audio part of my deskto. Is there an...
  10. How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off?

How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off?: I call radio programs and I record them by playing a software that records the sound. Now when im on the phone I want to turn off the sound externally so its not playing in the background while im on the phone. But I dont want the sound to be off internally so that it can be...