Windows 10: How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable?

Discus and support How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried every single tutorial on the internet. I used the registry editor, I did it in the windows UI, I even downloaded Technetium MAC Address Changer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gamepro5, Sep 12, 2020.

1. How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable?

I tried every single tutorial on the internet. I used the registry editor, I did it in the windows UI, I even downloaded Technetium MAC Address Changer out of desperation, and it just said it could not do it.

I also ran:
    reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0010 /v NetworkAddress /d 002622D90EFC /f

and

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0010 /v NetworkAddress /t REG_SZ /d 002622D90EFC /f

without really knowing what they do, I hope I didn't break anything.

submitted by /u/Gamepro5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gamepro5, Sep 12, 2020

2. Unmasking a spoofed MAC address

even if you got it, not much you can do. But yeah the only MAC in the packets would be the spoofed one. Best way to go is just keep filtering for an allowed list, and put encryption on your wireless so no1 can sniff other mac addresses.

Hybrid_theory, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    Unmasking a spoofed MAC address

The MAC did not identify with any manufacturer.

FF-EE-DD-CC-BB-AA

^ This is the MAC spoofed.

Munki, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Munki Win User

How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable?

Unmasking a spoofed MAC address

Brief background:

Network was penetrated, user had a spoofed MAC address.

Essential Question:

How can I unmask the true MAC address?

Other Information:

A NIC card has its MAC address hard coded into its chip. Physically unchangeable, unless you have a NIC that allows you to flash it. You can spoof it on the virtual side, which only makes it masked to other computers. When I checked logs this false MAC appears, I need to learn the correct (True) MAC address.

Sincerely,
    Munki

Munki, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable?

1. How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable? - Similar Threads - change spoof MAC

2. How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?: I’ve recently returned to my mothers house with my PC/Desktop and I realized that she doesn’t have Ethernet hooked up around the house and now I don’t know how to get a wireless option available. At my dad’s house,there was Ethernet cables hooked up in every room which was...
  3. How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?: I’ve recently returned to my mothers house with my PC/Desktop and I realized that she doesn’t have Ethernet hooked up around the house and now I don’t know how to get a wireless option available. At my dad’s house,there was Ethernet cables hooked up in every room which was...
  4. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  5. My ethernet cable is not connecting after HWID spoofing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet cable is not connecting after HWID spoofing: So i was stupid and HWID spoofed my pc to get unbanned from Valorant. I dont know exactly what it spoofed.As soon as i ran the programm my internet connection was lost and i cant fix it. I already tried:- Using a restore point from 4 days ago- Flushing the dns-...
  6. My ethernet cable is not connecting after HWID spoofing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ethernet cable is not connecting after HWID spoofing: So i was stupid and HWID spoofed my pc to get unbanned from Valorant. I dont know exactly what it spoofed.As soon as i ran the programm my internet connection was lost and i cant fix it. I already tried:- Using a restore point from 4 days ago- Flushing the dns-...
  7. My ethernet cable is not connecting after HWID spoofing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I cant connect to wifi after using an ethernet cable

I cant connect to wifi after using an ethernet cable: Hello, So I'm having an issue which is not being able to connect to the wifi and I think it because I used an ethernet because whenever I had the ethernet connected whenever I tried to connect to the wifi normally a message would say connected no wifi or something like that...
  9. Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10

Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10: I followed every tutorial on this page except for the downloading external software part, and all other websites seem to follow the same tutorials. Despite this, I was unable to change my mac address, It simply did not change when I checked with the "getmac" command. I can't...
  10. I switched my MAC address and cant use wifi now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I switched my MAC address and cant use wifi now: I switched back to my original MAC address, but I cnat use wifi with my laptop. I reset my router and restarted my laptop, but that didnt work. I can use wifi on my phone, so my wifi is still working and I can use ethernet for my laptop, but wifi is preferred. It says I am...