Windows 10: How do I change the Admin on my desktop?

Discus and support How do I change the Admin on my desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, for some reason my son is the Admin on my computer. When you go to "your info" his name and account is right there. I have no idea how this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicoBott, Jun 29, 2020.

1. NicoBott Win User

How do I change the Admin on my desktop?

Hello all, for some reason my son is the Admin on my computer. When you go to "your info" his name and account is right there. I have no idea how this happened. Is there anyway to change it? Ice already made a new account and gave it admin. Ive gone to control panel as well and made another account and made it admin but every time ive restarted my computer and go back to "your info" it still has his info. Any tips would be helpful.

:)

NicoBott, Jun 29, 2020
  2. trickson Win User

How do I change this?

I'm not sure you understand the question.

I have changed the Admin name to what I want yes. But the name I am talking about is still there. I mean not as an admin but as you can see from the screen shot I posted it should NOT be there! I changed it! Yet there it is. I have also seen this Pawn America name in the registry! So MY question still remains how do I get them out? Do I have to reinstall the OS or what? Nothing so far is working other than to change the admin name that is. This other name should be gone!

trickson, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

4. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I change the Admin on my desktop? - Similar Threads - change Admin desktop

2. How do I change the desktop colors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the desktop colors?: I have been using the Personalization command on W11 to change some of my colors, especially the desktop color from black to a color I might choose. However after choosing the color I would like to use and clicking to X to go back to the desktop the desktop is still black. I...
  3. How do I change the desktop colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the desktop colors?: I have been using the Personalization command on W11 to change some of my colors, especially the desktop color from black to a color I might choose. However after choosing the color I would like to use and clicking to X to go back to the desktop the desktop is still black. I...
  4. How do I change into admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change into admin?: I’m trying to make some changes but the user account control always stops me from doing anything and every time i sign in the same message: the requested operation requires evaluation. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. How do I change into admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change into admin?: I’m trying to make some changes but the user account control always stops me from doing anything and every time i sign in the same message: the requested operation requires evaluation. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. how do i change my desktop background display

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change my desktop background display: how do I change my desktop background display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-desktop-background-display/6ecc30a6-5f6c-46df-bf78-9aa678c63093
  7. How do I change my email on my desktop?

How do I change my email on my desktop?: How do I change the email on my desktop at sign on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-email-on-my-desktop/6d3cae10-a40c-4606-a4d6-f3396178e248
  8. How do I change the admin on my laptop

How do I change the admin on my laptop: How do I change the Admin on my laptop to someone else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-admin-on-my-laptop/be8a49a7-11a5-4e16-88d9-a5575366bc87
  9. How do I change the pictures on my desktop icons?

How do I change the pictures on my desktop icons?: I have tried to change the desktop icons according to Microsoft help but some of the categories they say will be present are not there. So can someone tell me how to change shortcut icons in windows 10 please?...
  10. How do I change to the "other" desktop?

How do I change to the "other" desktop?: I lost all my file folder and my original desktop I use every day - where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-to-the-other-desktop/08296103-c961-4dc2-b6bd-88333f3b160f