Windows 10: how do i change the administrator name and password

Discus and support how do i change the administrator name and password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i change the administrator name and password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul H.Hawley III, Oct 18, 2020.

1. how do i change the administrator name and password

how do i change the administrator name and password

:)

Paul H.Hawley III, Oct 18, 2020

2. How to change Administrator's name

Just checking things and comparing the admin settings on my Acer laptop which does not require a password I found that the name Acer LT is listed as local administrator. Therefore I'm thinking if I set up another user account, then make that account administrator, it too will then be a local administrator. Thus not requiring a password.

Any thoughts on that?

DP.

Dill Pickles, Oct 18, 2020
  3. How to change Administrator's name

*chuckleTo anyone who wants to change administrator password, just follow these easy steps.

Its a little difficult in windows 10 as compared to windows 7 for new users.

1) Go to settings from "WINDOWS" option.

2) Then select "System".

3) scroll to the bottom on the left side and select " ABOUT".

4) Select "System Info" on the right side. ( New window will pop up).

5) Click on "Control Panel" and select "Change account type" under User Accounts.

6) Select your desired account to change name. ( now it is similar to windows 7 ).

Thankyou.*chuckle

THOMASJIJI410, Oct 18, 2020
  4. how do i change the administrator name and password

Change Administrator Name

Hello Wade,

The tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to change the name of an account in Windows 10.

If you wanted to change the name of the built-in "Administrator" account, you can also use any of the options for a local account.

Change User Name of Account in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

how do i change the administrator name and password

1. how do i change the administrator name and password - Similar Threads - change administrator name

2. How to change Administrator name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Administrator name?: Just recently got an ASUS Vivobook and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I miss my old, snail paced laptop.One of my main issues is that my Administrator name is not what I want it to be. It has the name I want my nickname under everything else except for the official...
  3. How to change Administrator name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Administrator name?: Just recently got an ASUS Vivobook and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I miss my old, snail paced laptop.One of my main issues is that my Administrator name is not what I want it to be. It has the name I want my nickname under everything else except for the official...
  4. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  5. how do I log in using my administrator name and password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I log in using my administrator name and password.: I am running Windows 10 with the newest update. Some how I changed my acct. from administrator to local user. Now I can't find how to change it back so that I am the administrator. I have tried to go to the controls page and under mange acct. I do not have a family and user...
  6. How do I change the name of the Administrator?

How do I change the name of the Administrator?: How do I change the name of the Administrator? I just bought a new HP Slim 290 and I was in a hurry to set up. I know how to add another account. I just want to change the name of the Adminstrator. I cannot seem to find a way or any help. Thank You...
  7. How to change the administrator name?

How to change the administrator name?: Hi all, I'd like to change the administrator name. Apparently, during installation, the admin name was chosen as the first 5 characters of my outlook e-mail address (which is not my name). It's not possible to change it via user account settings in the control panel, nor...
  8. How to change the administrators name?

How to change the administrators name?: When I wanted to change my administrators name of my PC with windows 10, I couldn't do it. So how to change the administrators name?...
  9. how to change administrator name

how to change administrator name: I would like to change administrator name on all sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-administrator-name/9ebf0b22-2797-439a-a2d9-1d64befba528
  10. How to change Administrator's name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Administrator's name: Like many of us, I have encountered the first of what I feel maybe many problems to come as I learn Win 10. The first of which is how can I change or edit the administrator's name on my PC. I thought like win-7, I could edit, change, or even turn off password protect. I...