Windows 10: How do I change the administrator of my computer?

Discus and support How do I change the administrator of my computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My granddaughter, Tatum Braxton set my computer up as though it was her private laptop when in actuality it belongs to me, Lonna Clark Braxton. How do... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lonna Clark Braxton, Apr 28, 2021.

1. How do I change the administrator of my computer?

My granddaughter, Tatum Braxton set my computer up as though it was her private laptop when in actuality it belongs to me, Lonna Clark Braxton. How do I change the administrator for billing & ownerrship purposes?

:)

Lonna Clark Braxton, Apr 28, 2021

2. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 28, 2021
  3. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 28, 2021
  4. How do I change the administrator of my computer?

Change Administrator on old computer

Hello,

We appreciate that you post your concern here in the Community. To help you change the administrator account on your computer, you may need to
    create a new account first by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to create a new user account
    on your device.

Furthermore, log in to the newly created admin account and then delete the old one from the
    Settings. To do this, you may proceed with the following steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people.
    • Under the Other people section, select the account that you want to delete, and then click the
      Remove button.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if you can properly remove the old account on your computer.

***If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

If you have other concerns, feel free to post it here in the Community.

Joseph Ban, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the administrator of my computer?

1. How do I change the administrator of my computer? - Similar Threads - change administrator computer

2. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  3. how do I change administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change administrator: how do i change administrator? I am giving this computer to my husband. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator/86359034-2b6e-4723-b868-d69654d14424
  4. how do I change administrator

how do I change administrator: how do i change administrator? I am giving this computer to my husband. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator/86359034-2b6e-4723-b868-d69654d14424
  5. How do I change the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the administrator on my computer.: I recently purchased a computer for my daughter and set it up using my Microsoft account and now we want to add her as an administrator and remove me. Thank you...
  6. How do I change the administrator on my computer.

How do I change the administrator on my computer.: I recently purchased a computer for my daughter and set it up using my Microsoft account and now we want to add her as an administrator and remove me. Thank you...
  7. How do I change administrator on new or old computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I change administrator on new or old computer?: I have a laptop that runs window 10 that my wife and I have used for the past couple of years. I now have a new laptop and I would like to sign in with my original msn account information. I do not want these two computers to sync to each others one drive. Do I need to...
  8. how do I change Administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I change Administrator: how do i change administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator/0606fe5d-08d3-4a48-af2c-6489594604af
  9. how do I change the administrator on my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I change the administrator on my account?: How do i Change the administrator name and email address on my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-administrator-on-my-account/3359495c-b329-4ba5-876a-2508618c8449"
  10. How do I change administrators

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change administrators: How do I change the administrator on my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrators/529cdaa9-8a60-4a6b-ae23-9318629ccd41