Windows 10: how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor

Discus and support how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had this set up correctly until I installed the new update. Now the picture on my second monitor does not fit the screen. It is too big.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quiltnanny, Apr 9, 2019.

1. how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor

I had this set up correctly until I installed the new update. Now the picture on my second monitor does not fit the screen. It is too big.

:)

Quiltnanny, Apr 9, 2019

2. How to change monitor aspect ratio without centering screen

Hi Ashakil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, make sure you are logged in as admin. After that please follow the steps below and check the aspect ratio.

• Right click on Desktop.

• Click on Personalize.

• Advanced display settings,

• Display Adapter properties

• Monitor>scaling>Change Aspect Ratio.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Apr 9, 2019
  3. How do I change the aspect ratio of my monitor?

I have been trying to change the aspect ratio of my monitor from its default 4:3 to 16:9.
    The aspect ratio was fine until the VGA outlet in my PC stopped working, and moving it to the other VGA outlet seems to have reset the aspect ratio to 4:3.

Display Settings only lets me select a resolution of 800x600, 1024x768, or 1280x1024, all of which are 4:3. I have been Googling 'how to change aspect ratio', but all of the solution I am finding are telling me to go to 'advanced display options'—which
    doesn't seem to exist.

I have also tried to change the resolution with the options of my monitor itself, but the only aspect ratio options are 'stretch to fit' or 'stretch to fill'.

How do I change the aspect ratio?

[Moved from:
    Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Rachel Evans, Apr 9, 2019
  4. SCOTTede Win User

how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor

ASPECT RATIO

UPGRADED to 10. now my aspect ratio on my monitor is stretched thin left to right. Dont feel I should change my aspect ratio on my monitor because its the same monitor I ve had for win 7. But I tried and went back because it leaves 2 black spaces on each
    side of my monitor.. Help.!

SCOTTede, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor

1. how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor - Similar Threads - change aspect ratio

2. How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?: Im using a old sharp TV as a second monitor and I was wondering how I can change the aspect ratio on it because It says that it is a Fixed Aspect Ratio....
  3. How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?: Im using a old sharp TV as a second monitor and I was wondering how I can change the aspect ratio on it because It says that it is a Fixed Aspect Ratio....
  4. How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Monitor Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  6. Monitor Aspect Ratio

Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  7. How do I change my monitor Aspect Ratio? February 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my monitor Aspect Ratio? February 2022: How do I change my monitor Aspect Ratio? This questions seems to come up every time there is a new update, but looks like since the update of Feb 2022, Microsoft has again changed or hidden how to do it.Most answers relate to right clicking the desktop and going to graphic...
  8. How do I change my monitor Aspect Ratio? February 2022

How do I change my monitor Aspect Ratio? February 2022: How do I change my monitor Aspect Ratio? This questions seems to come up every time there is a new update, but looks like since the update of Feb 2022, Microsoft has again changed or hidden how to do it.Most answers relate to right clicking the desktop and going to graphic...
  9. How do I change my monitor Aspect Ratio? February 2022

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Change monitor aspect ratio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change monitor aspect ratio: How do I change the monitor aspect ratio on a lap top. Its 4:3 and needs to be 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-monitor-aspect-ratio/3d3b53df-93b9-45d2-9c8a-75cfff58ec2d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change aspect ratio on pc

2. second monitor aspect ratio

3. how to change aspect ratio on second monitor

4. change aspect ratio windows,
  5. how to fix aspect ratio on second monitor,
  6. how to adjust 2nd screen aspect ratio,
  7. second monitor apps too big,
  8. change aspect ratio in windows,
  9. change monitor aspect ratio,
  10. how to change ratio on pc,
  11. how to change aspect ratio pc,