Windows 10: How do I change the aspect ratio without changing resolution in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change the aspect ratio without changing resolution in Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to set my 1920x1080 laptop to 1280x720 but whenever I do the screen is suddenly bigger and some programs don't even fit it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anexzs, May 20, 2020.

1. anexzs Win User

How do I change the aspect ratio without changing resolution in Windows 10?

I'm trying to set my 1920x1080 laptop to 1280x720 but whenever I do the screen is suddenly bigger and some programs don't even fit it.

:)

anexzs, May 20, 2020

2. change aspect ratio on windows 10

change aspect ratio on windows 10

barrybellaire1, May 20, 2020
  3. Media aspect ratio changes on TV

Whenever I connect my laptop to my TV the aspect ratio is fine, but when I watch any media (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) in full screen the aspect ratio changes. It looks like it changes from 4096 × 2160 to 3840 × 2160.

My laptop is a X510UAR Signature Edition and the resolution is 1080 × 1920.

My TV is a [LG] web is TV UH6030 and the resolution is 3840 × 2160.

I choose the 4096 × 2160 resolution and 300% scale options so the picture can fit on my TV.

Also, only the media itself changes aspect ratio. Any overlays stay where they should be.

NoahDunning, May 20, 2020
  4. How do I change the aspect ratio without changing resolution in Windows 10?

How do I change the aspect ratio of my monitor?

I have been trying to change the aspect ratio of my monitor from its default 4:3 to 16:9.
    The aspect ratio was fine until the VGA outlet in my PC stopped working, and moving it to the other VGA outlet seems to have reset the aspect ratio to 4:3.

Display Settings only lets me select a resolution of 800x600, 1024x768, or 1280x1024, all of which are 4:3. I have been Googling 'how to change aspect ratio', but all of the solution I am finding are telling me to go to 'advanced display options'—which
    doesn't seem to exist.

I have also tried to change the resolution with the options of my monitor itself, but the only aspect ratio options are 'stretch to fit' or 'stretch to fill'.

How do I change the aspect ratio?

[Moved from:
    Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Rachel Evans, May 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the aspect ratio without changing resolution in Windows 10?

1. How do I change the aspect ratio without changing resolution in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change aspect ratio

2. How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?: Im using a old sharp TV as a second monitor and I was wondering how I can change the aspect ratio on it because It says that it is a Fixed Aspect Ratio....
  3. How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?: Im using a old sharp TV as a second monitor and I was wondering how I can change the aspect ratio on it because It says that it is a Fixed Aspect Ratio....
  4. How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Aspect Ratio suddenly changed

Aspect Ratio suddenly changed: I know that this is a problem with aspect ratio and not resolution, first and foremost. And I know that this isn't a problem with installing Windows 10 because I did that ages ago. I literally went to go leave my room, and then I came back and my screen is now just a display...
  6. Changing Aspect Ratio on Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Aspect Ratio on Camera: I've been trying to change the aspect ratio on my default camera for my Windows 10 Computer. Most online articles say to click the three dots in the upper right hand corner. However, in my app, there is no such option.When I open my settings, there is no option to change the...
  7. Change monitor aspect ratio

Change monitor aspect ratio: How do I change the monitor aspect ratio on a lap top. Its 4:3 and needs to be 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-monitor-aspect-ratio/3d3b53df-93b9-45d2-9c8a-75cfff58ec2d
  8. change aspect ratio on windows 10

change aspect ratio on windows 10: change aspect ratio on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-aspect-ratio-on-windows-10/a0845ddb-535e-490d-8fd5-7b3f2a519918
  9. how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor

how do I change the aspect ratio on a second monitor: I had this set up correctly until I installed the new update. Now the picture on my second monitor does not fit the screen. It is too big. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-aspect-ratio-on-a-second/79a53cea-c4ba-4574-a65e-15bc0cd11c24
  10. Resolution/Aspect Ratio Problems...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution/Aspect Ratio Problems...?: For my work I need to take screen captures of maps to put together in a separate program. I started noticing that some portions of the images would line up perfectly while others would be way off, no matter what I scaled them to. Could this be a problem with my Aspect...